• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I went to the dentist Tuesday to have a cavity filled. The doc sat down next to me, gave the molar the once over and said "You know, this is not so deep, I think we can do this without numbing you up, what do you say?

Drilling, grinding, even a wedge at the gum line, all without that girlie crutch novocaine. So maybe 30-45 minutes later I am walking out the door with a new filling and no drooling.

Only weirdthing was he kept asking me "Is it safe?". :dunno:

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My wife just said she has two patients who never get numbed unless they need extractions. Sounds painful to me. Did it save you any $$$?

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I went to te dentist Tuesday to have a cavity filled. The doc sat down next to me, gave the molar the once over and said "You know, this is not so deep, I think we can do this without numbing you up, what do you say?

Drilling, grinding, even a wedge at the gum line, all without that girlie crutch novocaine. So maybe 30-45 minutes later I am walking out the door with a new filling and no drooling.

Only weirdthing was he kept asking me "Is it safe?". :dunno:

I had that same thing happen a few years ago. She would stop every now and then and ask if I felt anything. After a few times I said you'll know if I feel something, so she continued and after a bit I was all done. Does make ya feel good doesn't it?:):

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I had that same thing happen a few years ago. She would stop every now and then and ask if I felt anything. After a few times I said you'll know if I feel something, so she continued and after a bit I was all done. Does make ya feel good doesn't it?:):

WOW do NOT read that post out of context

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    My wife just said she has two patients who never get numbed unless they need extractions. Sounds painful to me. Did it save you any $$$?

I don't know yet about any savings, it gets processed through insurance first. The drilling never got nar enough to the nerve to cause any pain. His trying to wedge the little metal form around the tooth hurt more than the drilling.

You need to establish a safe word before hand.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You can shred my man card. I'm a little ***** when it comes to dental work. I have a high pain tolerance everywhere but my teeth.

CrimsonRayne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    The only thing that ever bothered my was the shots you get in the roof of your mouth. That hurts like hell and a half.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have a very low dental pain tollerance. Had a doc once inject me with water and not novicane... I was like 16 and screamed like a baby... Come to find ot this doc was known for doing stuff like that.... I have to get multiple novicane shots to even phase me.

I have dental issues most I think he caused or created. I have like 2 fillings in every tooth.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have one tooth my dentist wants to do a root canal on. No way unless they knock me out. It had a filling come out and he drilled more and refilled it. He shot me 3 times outside and twice in the roof of my mouth and I could still feel him drilling it. This tooth is still sensitive.

isius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The last (and only) time they ever drilled me I asked to not be numbed; my parents never got numbed. He was just about to finish when he hit a nerve. Obviously I did everything within my being to not jerk my head, but I had no control over my leg when it involuntarily jerked off the dentists chair while I grunted "ahhahhahrrhahghaa!". Lol. That was the end of it though. Now I try to keep my diet of sweets to a minimum. ;)

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Forget that!!! Keep your dang man-card. Whenever anyone is going to stick dental instruments in my mouth to cut, drill, poke, prod, pull, etc, etc, etc. they are going to gas me higher than a Georgia tree frog. NOS & Pink Floyd is my friend.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Gosh now I feel like a complete pansy. Was at the dentist yesterday and they couldn't even do X-rays on me because I have such a bad gag reflex every time they would put that mouth guard thingy in I'd gag. What made it worse was my 7 year old son was in the chair next to me getting a cavity filled and didn't even flinch.

Top Bottom