• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    When I had my root canal the dental assistant put the temp cap on using permanent cement. I went back and the dentist couldn't get the damn thing off. It took him 20 minutes of prying with no Novocain and the 5 minutes of drilling and grinding just to get the cap off. New cap went on and I was good to go. I'm ready for a new dentist appointment because that assistant was smoking hot. 22, no more than 115 lbs, brunette:p

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I fear nothing now. I was having epidural steroid shots, and the doctor went to my hips. The one on the left hit my sciatic nerve square on. Imagine pain in its purest form, like the purest oleoresin capsicum, running not just down one leg, but all up and down your body. Pain that bores into the very essence of your being. Pain that makes you question the existence of your soul. It took my breath away, and I broke into a sweat immediately. Time stopped having any meaning. I have experienced that. Nothing can compare, so there is nothing I fear. Root canal? Bring it on. Shoot me with a 9 first, just to make it amusing.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I say I remove half of your man card status for wanting to make your own man card platinum status.

A real man don't give a crap what his man card looks like.
    The last time I can remember seeing mine's it was made out of splintering wood, just like it should be. If you think that you need to check your man card, chances are, you've already lost it.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I fear nothing now. I was having epidural steroid shots, and the doctor went to my hips. The one on the left hit my sciatic nerve square on. Imagine pain in its purest form, like the purest oleoresin capsicum, running not just down one leg, but all up and down your body. Pain that bores into the very essence of your being. Pain that makes you question the existence of your soul. It took my breath away, and I broke into a sweat immediately. Time stopped having any meaning. I have experienced that. Nothing can compare, so there is nothing I fear. Root canal? Bring it on. Shoot me with a 9 first, just to make it amusing.

I have not experienced this level of pain but I've seen it. Young woman run over by a bulldozer in a sand pit. She survived but successively lost bits and pieces of both legs until eventually they were considering a hemicorporectomy (basically cutting her in half above the pelvis) to try to save her from death by infection from the ground in dirt and sand. She must have hit this level of pain the day I saw them debriding her leg wound cutting and tweezing meat and fat and other necrotic tissue from her thigh that was layed open like a whale getting the blubber removed. I'm not exactly sure why they couldn't put her to sleep. They were using Diprivan but she's come out of it screaming. Happened 12 years ago ... can't forget it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I had two medicine-caused pits/holes filled...sans numbing... when I was 9 or so years old...

Drilled and filled. Both in one sitting.

Guess I was a macho man even back then!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I say I remove half of your man card status for wanting to make your own man card platinum status.

People that talk about having man cards usually wear lacy pink panties...me, I wear them because they're comfortable. I don't need to talk about having a man card for me to know who or what I am.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    People that talk about having man cards usually wear lacy pink panties...me, I wear them because they're comfortable. I don't need to talk about having a man card for me to know who or what I am.
    I wear them cause Chicks think it makes a Man look Sexy.... :popcorn:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    When I had my root canal the dental assistant put the temp cap on using permanent cement. I went back and the dentist couldn't get the damn thing off. It took him 20 minutes of prying with no Novocain and the 5 minutes of drilling and grinding just to get the cap off. New cap went on and I was good to go. I'm ready for a new dentist appointment because that assistant was smoking hot. 22, no more than 115 lbs, brunette:p

sure she really wasn't a blonde?

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I had a root canal one time years ago. Just by chance I had to do a public speaking engagement later that evening. So they gave me a "half dose" or what not and it start wearing off about half way thru. That sucked.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I got a staph infection last year. As most people know, anesthetics do not work when you have an infection. Needless to say, the Dr. had to cut me open. I have been pepper sprayed, and I thought that was the worse pain I had felt. Well, I was wrong.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I got a staph infection last year. As most people know, anesthetics do not work when you have an infection. Needless to say, the Dr. had to cut me open. I have been pepper sprayed, and I thought that was the worse pain I had felt. Well, I was wrong.

That happened to me before, although I never got any drugs and popped it myself...the infection was so deep and been there so long, I have pebbles sized hard yellowish thing literally shoot out of my arm after completely submerging a safety pin into my forearm....don't make me dig up the pictures!

Edit:

....and yes I have scars as proof!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I haven't had a cavity in quite awhile, but if the cavity isn't deep, I always decline Novocain (I hate being numb for hours after).

That has worked out well all but one time...I was drenched in sweat afterwards because it was so painful. Half-way through the sweat from my forehead was dripping from the headrest onto my dentist's pants and he said, "bad idea huh? Would you like me to stop and give you an anesthetic?" I just told him to hurry up and get it over.

Staying awake for all of my wisdom teeth being removed was my worst dental decision ever.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have a very low dental pain tollerance. Had a doc once inject me with water and not novicane... I was like 16 and screamed like a baby... Come to find ot this doc was known for doing stuff like that.... I have to get multiple novicane shots to even phase me.

I have dental issues most I think he caused or created. I have like 2 fillings in every tooth.

I too had this done to me when I was about 8 years old, doctor's last did'nt start with a "F" did it?

I have one tooth my dentist wants to do a root canal on. No way unless they knock me out. It had a filling come out and he drilled more and refilled it. He shot me 3 times outside and twice in the roof of my mouth and I could still feel him drilling it. This tooth is still sensitive.

Because of the problem above, I have an at the edge of a anxiety attack. The dentist in question gave me repeated shots and continued to drill on me despite my crying and screams of pain. My mother removed me and took me to another dentist to find out that I had not been numbed.

To this day just a basic cleaning makes me tense up something fierce.

It was not until I was about 36 and had to have my first wisdom tooth removed that the dentist I only been seeing for about 3 times decided that gas was the only option for me.

Threw the mask on me for about 5 minutes, dental assistant put on a topical for a minute and then game me a shot, doc came in about 3 minutes later and asked me if I was ok, and removed the mask.

Felt my head wobble and heard a clink.

His reply was that it was not the biggest wisdom he had ever seen, but definitely the widest. Never felt a thing He gave me a script for a 6 vicodins for the pain when the shot wore off and I was good to go.

The gas is a deal maker for me, removes all my fears and pain. Only difference now is that I get a Vicodin script before hand and take one right when I walk in to sit down to get worked on.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I too had this done to me when I was about 8 years old, doctor's last did'nt start with a "F" did it?

Because of the problem above, I have an at the edge of a anxiety attack. The dentist in question gave me repeated shots and continued to drill on me despite my crying and screams of pain. My mother removed me and took me to another dentist to find out that I had not been numbed.

To this day just a basic cleaning makes me tense up something fierce.

It was not until I was about 36 and had to have my first wisdom tooth removed that the dentist I only been seeing for about 3 times decided that gas was the only option for me.

Threw the mask on me for about 5 minutes, dental assistant put on a topical for a minute and then game me a shot, doc came in about 3 minutes later and asked me if I was ok, and removed the mask.

Felt my head wobble and heard a clink.

His reply was that it was not the biggest wisdom he had ever seen, but definitely the widest. Never felt a thing He gave me a script for a 6 vicodins for the pain when the shot wore off and I was good to go.

The gas is a deal maker for me, removes all my fears and pain. Only difference now is that I get a Vicodin script before hand and take one right when I walk in to sit down to get worked on.

I've had braces and all 4 wisdom teeth pulled. I'm a firm believer that you have to be a masochist to work in the dental field.

Top Bottom