• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Police Officer Steve Ermis of the Temple Police Dept. in Texas did illegally detain and disarm an American citizen, an active duty military Iraq war veteran, while he legally carried a rifle across his chest on a hike with his son. This is totally legal in Texas and this police officer violated this citizens 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 10th Amendment Rights. The cops even made the man’s son start crying. These cops are going to get a law suit on them like they have never seen.

I called the Temple Police Department tonight to challenge this illegal detention of an American Citizen. The Chief of Police is…

Chief Gary Smith

209 E. Avenue A, Temple, TX 76501

Non-Emergency Ph: (254) 298-5500.

The Temple Police Dept. said they would not comment on an open case. I said what open case? This was about a US citizen being violated by the Temple Police Dept.

The Police Officer got concerned when I told them this is going on Fox News. The Police Officer then directed me to the Attorney General Office in Temple Texas. I left a message with the Temple Attorney General and told him to immediately drop all charges or else feel the heat like he has never felt.

I am tired of this crap. This American citizen has every right under Texas law to carry this weapon. I will be looking into coordinating a civil law suit against the Temple Police Dept with my brother in arms attorney.

Temple, TX - Official Website - Police

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I laughed when they arrested him on resisting arrest. Don't they have to arrest you for something in order for you to resist. I see now that they changed the original charge. I'm glad he's raised over 4 times the amount needed for his defense.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I thought Texas was so gun friendly? I guess that C.O.P. didn't get the memo. Then maybe he don't like any one but him to have a gun.

Last edited:

jfryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Schererville
    Actually, by Texas statute :
    Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:
    (1) uses abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language in a public place, and the language by its very utterance tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;
    (2) makes an offensive gesture or display in a public place, and the gesture or display tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;
    (3) creates, by chemical means, a noxious and unreasonable odor in a public place;
    (4) abuses or threatens a person in a public place in an obviously offensive manner;
    (5) makes unreasonable noise in a public place other than a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code, or in or near a private residence that he has no right to occupy;
    (6) fights with another in a public place;
    (7) discharges a firearm in a public place other than a public road or a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code;

(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;

This is probably why...

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    Saw the video of this on youtube. Could not believe it. Made the kid cried he was probably scared to death when his dad got put in the police vehicle.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Actually, by Texas statute :
    Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:
    (1) uses abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language in a public place, and the language by its very utterance tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;
    (2) makes an offensive gesture or display in a public place, and the gesture or display tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;
    (3) creates, by chemical means, a noxious and unreasonable odor in a public place;
    (4) abuses or threatens a person in a public place in an obviously offensive manner;
    (5) makes unreasonable noise in a public place other than a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code, or in or near a private residence that he has no right to occupy;
    (6) fights with another in a public place;
    (7) discharges a firearm in a public place other than a public road or a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code;

(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;

This is probably why...
    How do we establish it was calculated to alarm? I mean, I wouldn't find it alarming, but grandma might. Same thing could apply to open carry of pistols though if we take it at face value. Gotta draw a line and fight this now.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    How do we establish it was calculated to alarm? I mean, I wouldn't find it alarming, but grandma might. Same thing could apply to open carry of pistols though if we take it at face value. Gotta draw a line and fight this now.
    I agree. He stated that where he and his son hike is rife with hogs, coyote and cougars. I think the cop was embarrassed by not knowing the laws he is sworn to uphold. But then a lot of LEO's don't know the laws. :dunno:

Last edited:

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    How many times is this story going to be posted?

The guy purposely tried to cause trouble, he did so, and now everyone is whining.

The guy is guilty. End of story.

threedhuntr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Howard county
    Aside from who's right or wrong, the officer definitely needs to learn safe firearms handling skills. He swept the pistol muzzle right across the back of that man's neck.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    How many times is this story going to be posted?

The guy purposely tried to cause trouble, he did so, and now everyone is whining.

The guy is guilty. End of story.

Well I am on the site several times a day, EVERY DAY and hadn't seen it! By the way I guess you are judge - jury and executioner, right?

I don't believe everything the media reports - guess you have insider information - yes?

Colarmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greater Fort Wayne Area
    Well I am on the site several times a day, EVERY DAY and hadn't seen it! By the way I guess you are judge - jury and executioner, right?

I don't believe everything the media reports - guess you have insider information - yes?

There's been a lengthy discussion of it on Legislation of 2nd Amendment...

And the guy isn't guilty of anything but being kind of a jerk to law enforcement, which is what I believe they've charged him with (Impeding a Peace officer, local statute) after they arrested him for resisting arrest (which requires the use of force in Texas).

Top Bottom