• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    This is absolutely ridiculous. People are actually so stupid that they evacuated NINE theaters because one man was legally carrying a gun?! He was sitting in the theater for 15 minutes before police came to save everyone? Seriously? These people should all be required to take mandatory "therapy" to teach them the real rules of guns and laws of their state.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If they did that in Indiana every time someone had a gun in the theater, no films would ever get played in their entirety ever again.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Isn't that kind of like getting arrested for "attempted speeding"?

I would compare it more to being arrested for attempted lewd conduct, just because someone touched their pant's zipper.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Prosecutors were reviewing the case involving Mapes and the charges might be dropped if they determine he was complying with Colorado's concealed carry law that allows people who pass background checks and get training to carry guns in most circumstances, Barnes said.
    Translation: Oh $#!%! We'd better play this very close to the vest or we're getting slapped with a false arrest/harassment suit.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    To walk into a theater with a visible firearm of any kind a week after 70 people were shot in a theater, in the same state, well that is foolishness at best. It also suggests nothing more than attention seeking. Pretty juvenile if you ask me.

He asked for trouble and got it. Legal or not. He may claim he was standing up for his rights, I'm not buying it. :noway:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    To walk into a theater with a visible firearm of any kind a week after 70 people were shot in a theater, in the same state, well that is foolishness at best. It also suggests nothing more than attention seeking. Pretty juvenile if you ask me.

He asked for trouble and got it. Legal or not. He may claim he was standing up for his rights, I'm not buying it. :noway:

He also stated that he has carried there, in that manner, many times previously. Doesn't really seem like he was seeking attention.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

That type of logic would have gotten me arrested for driving a U-Haul truck in Oklahoma City in 1995.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka

I carried my EDC into a theater this past weekend, kind of CC/OC, with the entire bottom of the holster showing. Was I doing that to show off? Cause a seen? No, I just went about my normal weekend schedule, which this past weekend was seeing Prometheus. Why should I change my daily habits?
    Perhaps if a couple people in the terrible Colorado shooting had shot back at the **cking scum bag wouldn't have killed and shot all those people.
    I think he might have lost is concentrating with bullets hitting HIM too.

Top Bottom