• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    J.J. Watt to pay for the funerals of all 10 Santa Fe High School shooting victims, according to the senior director of communications for the Houston Texans.

That's a good guy move... though, I wish it had been kept private until well after the burials.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Sigh.....

moron.jpg

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/national/man-with-holstered-pistol-american-flag

I saw him on Fox around 5pm.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What we need here is some common sense media reform. I'm not talking about getting rid of the 1st amendment or freedom of speech, just some common sense media reforms to not encourage copycat shooters.

#1) A limit of ten (10) minutes of coverage per mass shooting per day per channel. This is just like limiting high capacity magazines. This is common sense. We don't need more coverage than this. You can report, but ya'll sure as heck better boil down some good info into the time you have.

#2) You can state the shooters name, because that is information the public may require. However, you cannot show how he/she lived, what their life or lifestyle was like. We don't need to know his/her lifestyle. That is irrelevant information to any but forensic psychologists and LE.

#3) If a media station wants to post the picture of the turd, then that must be one (1) picture only, and that supplied by the local LE in charge. We don't need every childhood photo, nor any variation in coverage. We're not saying you cannot post the pic, only which one you can.

#4) You may not post nor air any pictures or video of the dead bodies. This is entirely unnecessary for the public consumption. We don't need pictures to understand that something bad happened.

#5) You may not interview anyone that speculates upon why this occurred. Only LE that has taken a statement of fact by the alleged perpetrator may be published. We don't need to wildly speculate about what may or may not have happened.

#6) You may not interview grieving family members. We don't need to be told how bad they feel. We know they feel like their guts have been ripped out. This is unnecessary and irrelevant information.

I think that would be a fair start to putting the shoe on the other foot.

Regards,

Doug
    Yes indeed. I think we need to curb "assault media" coverage.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Actually, the P in CCCP stands for Republic. ... now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Heartfelt prayers for those affected by the actions of this disturbed individual.

I’m all for rational action to prevent these tragedies. I just wish we could do without the knee-jerk noise pushing an irrelevant agenda.

I should have used purple.....I was mocking the collusion narrative.
    You are correct.In English the R is really for Republic, but my point remains. I should have used purple.

As for this POS shooter. I truly hope no one gets to "tell his story" The less attention the better.Like others have said, there's a reason they don't cover suicides, drunks on the baseball or football field, etc.
    Also check out the psychological/ABA concept of "modeling" and "video modeling". They are teaching strategies, so media WTF?

Actually the most disgusting thing in all of the coverage and aftermath of these things is the interviewing of the kids right after the event. I am shocked (truly) that not one family has sued over having their minor child oh TV after such an event.
    It could increase their trauma. (Or turn them into a smug, unlikable, mean spirited windbag)

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    This article from CBS News is confusing and so typical of the mass media. Oh what I'd give to have a real NEWS outlet. They picture a semi auto handgun, a knife and a flashlight...and in the article it says the only weapons used by the gun man were a .38 revolver and a shotgun.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The explosives part is where we've gotten lucky from Columbine until now. Boston Marathon and NY/NJ (in trash cans??) had them detonate, but the Tsarnaevs were trained terrorists. Going back further was the 96 Olympics (Eric Rudolph hid in the woods for years when Richard Jewell got smeared by the MSM.) Columbine, San Bernardino, Santa Fe all did not.

Making bombs obviously isn't as easy as it appears on the Internet. What happens when some evil ***hole who does know how to make explosives uses some kid from the Internet to do his work for him?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

So is the guy who posted the above saying he agrees with the first 3 points? Obviously lots of INGO folks don't, so the logic being that if the first 3 didn't exist, and something like this happened those would be the first "reasonable restrictions" people would call for. It's a catch 22.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So is the guy who posted the above saying he agrees with the first 3 points? Obviously lots of INGO folks don't, so the logic being that if the first 3 didn't exist, and something like this happened those would be the first "reasonable restrictions" people would call for. It's a catch 22.
    I didn’t read into it that he was endorsing any particular laws. He’s saying those laws didn’t stop the shooter from killing people, and that new laws wouldn’t do anything to stop the next shooter.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Once again a kid taking weapons from the parents. Remember Adam Lanza killing his mother first, stealing her weapons and then shooting up the school in Newtown. It’s ridiculous. Again it’s not gun violence like the libtards in the media keep saying. The firearms did not jump into the hands of criminals. The criminals got the guns on their own, took the guns and fired the weapons. The weapons did not aim and fire themselves. An evil criminal wreaked havoc and devastation on innocent people. The weapons themselves did not do these evil acts. My brain hurts with the libtards and their stupidity. Finally, these shooters when caught should be immediately “put down” as in 6 feet under, down.

Top Bottom