• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I carry mine with the bullets forward.

Doesn't bother me if someone were to carry bullets rearward.

As long as you can get the job done.

-J-

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have mine bullets forward. This way when I use my left hand to draw a mag, my forefinger slides along the front edge of the mag and I keep it there as I guide the mag up to and into the pistol. It is natural to me with no twisting, turning or direction changes for my hand.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I carry rearward. I tend to use a beer can grip on both pistol and rifle mags. This way when i turn my wrist over to insert the mag its then facing the correct way. I find this much easier for me than to index my finger on the mag.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    This is a great thread. Take the time to read it.

A HUGE +1 to reading that thread...

Ultimate synopsis, bullets forward is more common. Many people argued very adamantly about how superior it was to bullets rearward. Some supporters of bullets rearward demonstrated to some of the bullets forward folks and they admitted that the ways are very similar in how they are used and it will ultimately boil down to how you learned.

To be honest, I don't think it matters as long as you use the right technique. That thread will very clearly discuss those techniques...

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I have mine bullets forward. This way when I use my left hand to draw a mag, my forefinger slides along the front edge of the mag and I keep it there as I guide the mag up to and into the pistol. It is natural to me with no twisting, turning or direction changes for my hand.

+1 for the explanation

and for rifle mags (AR15) bullets to the rear, I grab the mag with a "beer can grip" and when you swing your arm upwards it is ready to push-pull into the magwell.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    +1 for the explanation

and for rifle mags (AR15) bullets to the rear, I grab the mag with a "beer can grip" and when you swing your arm upwards it is ready to push-pull into the magwell.

As discussed in the other thread the "when you swing your arm upwards it is ready to push into the magwell" is very nicely married to a proper forefinger index of the top round in the magazine when you go bullet back in pistol mags. Similar to how little extra movement it takes when doing bullets back rifle reloads. Just use the right bullets back technique on pistol mags (IE, don't beer-can pistol mags)...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    +1 for the explanation

Thanks! BTW I am thinking about how I want to do my next AR build... back to the topic now.:)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom