• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sam1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    will be used as farm gun legal in that state for turkey,bear,deer; 1 mile from a public road with people there that like to grow and make chemicals in the boondocks, possesive about their product and don't take kindly to notifying police about it either,rifle will see rough use on tractor,truck

sam1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    no eddie I've got the gun w red dot now but it will be multi use which optics if at all would you use seriously ? I guess which ever you think would be most rugged would be a start ,

sam1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    that's because it is strange ,when you get old you want everything you can get to put the odds on your side ,will be moving to near Harlan Ky in a few months to my farm

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I have a scout and can tell you that an Aimpoint looks NICE on there and is great without a magnifier for a good range. Also, the Ultimak rail will replace the scout rail and with a low mount you can co-witness with your iron sights. Finally, Leupold makes a scout scope that will give you some magnification if that is the route you want to go.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I would go with a red dot, but get a good one. If you change the batteries once a year, it should always work for you. I got a Eotech that takes AA batteries and try to run down the batteries to see how long they will last. I turn it on three or four times a week and set it back in it's place. It goes off after four hours. Been just over year and still working.

I am 62, eyes not as good as they use to be and it works good for me.

Top Bottom