M&P Shield Holster...Can it be modified?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I want to remove (trim) the lower portion of the holster (where the screws are) so that the bottom of the holster would barely clear the muzzle. I have not had alot of IWB holster experience. Is this design normal for an IWB holster?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Is this design normal for an IWB holster?
    No. That's a rather oddly designed "tuckable" holster. The clip could have been designed to attach to the eyelets in front of the trigger guard so the end could be nearly flush to the barrel. Looks like someone's early attempt at Kydex.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    it was made by a company listed on ingo. I offered to pay to have it modified but cannot get an answer back. I ordered another holster from a different company. This thing is about as comfortable as barbed wire neck tie.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    So that it is not a total loss for your particular need of functionality or comfort level, is it possible to remove the belt clip and reattach to the back converting holster to OWB? I realize that your desire is to have an IWB holster but this might give you another carry option option as you have already ordered another holster and might save this holster from the dreaded drawer of unused holsters?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    So that it is not a total loss for your particular need of functionality or comfort level, is it possible to remove the belt clip and reattach to the back converting holster to OWB? I realize that your desire is to have an IWB holster but this might give you another carry option option as you have already ordered another holster and might save this holster from the dreaded drawer of unused holsters?
    It just needs a new clip made and the excess material trimmed off the end and it could be functional as IWB.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom