• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    ky gun co has them in stock for 369 ..no tax and free shipping and 5 dollars in insurance..so you pay transfer fee
    Just wondering how hard it is to find a new M&P shield 9mm right now? I've checked a handful S&W dealers within 60 miles of where I live and they are telling me they are having a hard time getting ahold of them? Also, what's a fair price for a new one at a LGS?

DoctorThunder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Fort Liberty in Avon still had one in stock after I picked mine up for $399 this past weekend. I saw a couple other LGS had them for $379 but never have them in stock. Still think that $399 is a good price,but $379 is a great price if you can actually find one in stock.

XDS45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2014
    Indiana
    Why are the 9s so hard to find but the 40s easy to find? I picked up a 9mm today for $415 with tax included.I have been looking for about a month for one but as soon as they were in stock they were sold.I just happened to be at the right place at the right time to get my 9mm. I already have the 40 caliber and figured WTH,might as well buy it's little brother. I put 100 rounds through my 40 already and I didn't have any problems with it.Seems to be a pretty solid gun.

dcat91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Paradise
    I think some are scared off by it being a 40 and they being to snappy. I have mine and think they are not that bad at all.

This.
    I have one in 9mm and the recoil is very close to a gen3 g19. Shot one in .40 and while a bit snappier it was very mannageable. I still see a lot for sale in .40 though on armslist

Got mine about a month ago at gander, 430 otd but they were running a sale.

XDS45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2014
    Indiana
    I think some are scared off by it being a 40 and they being to snappy. I have mine and think they are not that bad at all.

Yeah they are but probably not by much from what videos I have seen. Can't go to the range today to shoot and compare them,darn rain :(

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Yeah, I don't think its anyworse then my PT-140 or a snubby .357. You may not get accurate double taps right off, but what do you expect ots a short barreled pistol. What is funny is I see guys on other sights say its to much recoil and to get the 9mm version but then tell them to use +p ammo. Which to me would be the same effect. I could see how in long run shooting 9 is cheaper for practice if you shoot it alot.

XDS45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2014
    Indiana
    Finally got to the range today.Had about an hour between rainfalls and took advantage of it. I liked how the 9 shot but the 40 has a lot more recoil to it then the 9mm so now I see why most choose the 9mm for.
    I took my daughter and she has never shot a gun before but she liked the 40 more then the 9mm. I'll have to take her more often now that I know she is interested in target shooting. She said she is taking my 40 when turns 18 in a few months.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Seems like .40 S&W is the least popular of the 3 big semi-auto cartridges for starters, and I've read quite a few reports of the .40 Shield being somewhat uncomfortable to shoot, so I'm sure that scares people off as well.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I just picked one up for $312 new (leo price) on Friday. Jenkin's had 9 and 40 in Stock as of 9am Friday. The trigger seems a little rough when dry firing it. I'm hoping that will work itself out with a trip or two to the range.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Been needing one myself. Saw one in .40 in Gander a week or two ago and considered going with the .40 just to get it. It was $449. Hate the idea of splitting my ammo into 9 and 40 though so I passed.

Top Bottom