• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WatermAlan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2014
    Carmel
    I picked mine up during the last 1500, for $389. Decent price, especially since when I first got there, they had it listed for $415. I'm glad I stopped back by before I left because they literally just dropped the price.

XDS45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2014
    Indiana
    Seems like .40 S&W is the least popular of the 3 big semi-auto cartridges for starters, and I've read quite a few reports of the .40 Shield being somewhat uncomfortable to shoot, so I'm sure that scares people off as well.

The 40 isn't uncomfortable to shoot if you can handle the recoil.I've shot it 1 handed and it didn't feel uncomfortable doing so. I thought the same when I got the 40,ammo would be easy to find,but I am finding out that where I buy mine at,they seem to run out fast. Last time I bought 200 rounds.I usually only shoot 100 rounds each visit to the range since time is always an issue.

I did see a 9 used for $329 with 4 mags. I have considered buying it so I have a 9 to carry since my g/f doesn't allow me to carry hers.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The 40 isn't uncomfortable to shoot if you can handle the recoil.I've shot it 1 handed and it didn't feel uncomfortable doing so. I thought the same when I got the 40,ammo would be easy to find,but I am finding out that where I buy mine at,they seem to run out fast. Last time I bought 200 rounds.I usually only shoot 100 rounds each visit to the range since time is always an issue.

I did see a 9 used for $329 with 4 mags. I have considered buying it so I have a 9 to carry since my g/f doesn't allow me to carry hers.

That's a great price on the used Shield 9mm. I've thought about picking up a .40 handgun (not a Shield) for when I'm having a hard time finding 9mm. The Walmart near me always has .40 in stock. I've literally never seen them OOS with .40 or .45. Since I found a G23 to be snappier than I like, I would probably go with something like an FNX-40, which has pretty mild recoil for a gun in that caliber.

Top Bottom