• RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I replied to your PM.
    Early 9 full size barrels had lockup issues. Easy to identify if you might have one, as it would have no dimples on the bottom of the barrel. Having 'no dimple' barrels doesn't mean it will have issues, just that it COULD have issues.

From https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/320663-m-p9-fs-bad-internet-makes-seem.html

I've been happy with all of my M&P's, including the full size, despite it's issue. I won't be bullseye shooting with it, but it's plenty accurate enough for center mass hits.

Robby if you would please I have a question for you concerning your M&P accuracy issues. I am a new owner of a used but in excellent condition 4.25" M&P Pro 9mm and did you ever determine the cause of your two M&P's accuracy issues and also have you found any evidence that would lead you to believe it is a common problem. If you are having accuracy issues with M&Ps in to different calibers I would think this could indicate your accuracy problem may not be a isolated incident. I mean what are the odds you could buy a gun in two different calibers and both have accuracy issues? One would have to think they are quite high unless its more widely spread.

I ask because its going to be some time before I achieve the level of ability before I can honestly evaluate my M&P's accuracy or (I certainly hope not) lack there of at 25 yards. Right now I'm having to work to keep my groups at 3" or less at 15 yards, haven't even tried 25. Speaking of which what size groups were you getting at both 15 and 25 yards with both your M&Ps, if you don't mind sharing. Thanks,
    Arthur.

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Robby if you would please I have a question for you concerning your M&P accuracy issues. I am a new owner of a used but in excellent condition 4.25" M&P Pro 9mm and did you ever determine the cause of your two M&P's accuracy issues and also have you found any evidence that would lead you to believe it is a common problem. If you are having accuracy issues with M&Ps in to different calibers I would think this could indicate your accuracy problem may not be a isolated incident. I mean what are the odds you could buy a gun in two different calibers and both have accuracy issues? One would have to think they are quite high unless its more widely spread.

I ask because its going to be some time before I achieve the level of ability before I can honestly evaluate my M&P's accuracy or (I certainly hope not) lack there of at 25 yards. Right now I'm having to work to keep my groups at 3" or less at 15 yards, haven't even tried 25. Speaking of which what size groups were you getting at both 15 and 25 yards with both your M&Ps, if you don't mind sharing. Thanks,
    Arthur.

A first step is to call the manufacturer & see if they think you have a problem. If memory serves, Springfield specs 5" 20 yard groups as acceptable for XD's for example, that is not saying that some will not be a little or a lot better.
    It would be interesting to see what minimum accuracy the companies would warranty for XDm's & M&P's, it might be more than you would think is acceptable.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Given your choices, I would chose this...

If I am choosing what really works for me, then this...

I have had 2 XDm pistols, but sold them both fairly quickly to other INGO members who liked them more than I did.

One XDm that I sold...

Last edited:

Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    I think I'd rather go for an xd series over an mp.
    The xd has actual weight and doesn't feel flimsy unlike the mp

The M&P9 4.25" weighs 24 ounces and the M&P9 Pro 5" is 26 ounces. The XDm-9 4.5" and XDm-9 5.25" Competition both weigh 29 ounces. Not too much difference there. I currently own all of these pistols and like the S&W's better. (Mine don't feel flimsy at all.)

mistersmith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    NWI
    Since the OP picked the XDm I won't try and convince him that S&W is the way to go. I would of tried to get him to go with a Ruger, if he was still looking for a gun to carry.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    If I am choosing what really works for me, then this...

Sounds like I'm late to this "which way should I go" thread, but yeah, the PPQ for the win! I'm a big XDm fan, and having owned both, went the XDm route over the M&P line. While the XDm trigger could be a little less "squishy", it's easy on my trigger finger, nearly identical between my 9mm and 45 models, and I've gotten to be a fairly decent shooter with the XDm platform.

The *only* thing I don't like about the PPQ, which is Walther in general, is the flying ribbon Walther logo, which looks cartoonish to me. Other than kind of wishing it came in bitone, I kid you not, there is nothing else to not love about the PPQ. It points naturally, great feeling grip and grip angle for me, and that trigger is just WOW. I'm always on the lookout for a good deal on a lightly used PPQ M1... I'm one of the odd fans of the paddle mag release design.

Top Bottom