• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    On the amendment to allow DC residents to match the rest of the nation by repealing ban on semiautomatic weapons and dropping criminal possession if a firearm is not registered.

It is the Ensign amendment to the bill giving the DC residents full voting privileges in the House, which would go to court anyway if it is passed.

What's up with Luger voting no? Bayh voted aye.

One of the heated debate items given by Feinstien is that this would strike down the law that residents have to pass a vision test to own a gun. Look for eye tests to own guns eh?

The amendment passed 62 to 36. The vote on the bill will come next.

Update, on the bill to allow full voting privileges in the House both Luger and Bayh voted aye, with Shumer. I expected Byrd to vote no because he is a stickler for the constitution, which calls for an amendment to the constitution for something like this, and he did not fail me.

The bill passes 61 to 37. Now if the House passes it, which I expect it will since this probably means more Democrat votes, on to court since it is unconstitutional!

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Lugar is an anti-2A POS who could care less what his constituents think. This is not news.

I'm not surprised by anything he does.
    Absolutely correct, Lugar is a Republican in name only. He has some issues where he votes on the conservative side of the spectrum but Dick Lugar is certainly one of the most liberal members of the GOP and he is not a supporter of the second amendment.

He supported the AWB under Clinton and supports passing it again.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I keep repeating myself, how can Indiana have such statist senators?

We need a concerted effort to vote both douchebags out of the office. However, both parties seem content with sharing the senate seats as they currently are.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Absolutely correct, Lugar is a Republican in name only. He has some issues where he votes on the conservative side of the spectrum but Dick Lugar is certainly one of the most liberal members of the GOP and he is not a supporter of the second amendment.

He supported the AWB under Clinton and supports passing it again.
    Hopefully we can replace him. But I doubt it happening.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I think Micheal Steele might look for someone to Primary Lugar. I know I will be contacting him on this issue and would hope others do as well. Lugar wants this one world government crap and he needs to go.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    As I stated a few weeks ago, Luger has been in Washington too long. He needs to be in the unemployment line.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I just don't see any Republican in this state running against him in the primary. I wish but I don't see it happening.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Dick's a fence rider as has been mentioned but you know the local repubs here sing his praises like he walks on water. I, currently a repulican but seriously seeking an alternative, will not vote for the man because of the manner in which my party let the dems run all over us when we had the chance to knock them off their feet.

RAnderson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    I could not agree more. Luger is a NWO advocate and needs to be defeated the next time he is up for re-election.

I think Micheal Steele might look for someone to Primary Lugar. I know I will be contacting him on this issue and would hope others do as well. Lugar wants this one world government crap and he needs to go.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Update: The DC voting rights bill won't reach the floor of the House. Like I said before, it is unconstitutional and the Dems in the Senate wanted to show their "feelings" about it.

Democrats Pull D.C. Voting Rights Act - HUMAN EVENTS

The patently unconstitutional bill to give the District of Columbia a voting representative in the House of Representatives was pulled off the House calendar because -- according to one House Republican leadership source -- they feared that the so-called Blue Dog Democrats would not support it.

The bill was patently unconstitutional because under Article 1, Section 2, only states have representatives, and D.C. isn’t a state. (That idea is reinforced by the XXIII Amendment, under which D.C. voters are allowed to vote in presidential elections, and thus appoint electors to the Electoral College, “…equal to the whole number of Senators and Representatives in Congress to which the District would be entitled if it were a State….”)

The Blue Dogs, a group of supposedly conservative Dems who have usually marched to Speaker Pelosi’s drum, were fearful that the National Rifle Association would “score” -- i.e., use the vote to determine its annual rating of gun-friendly (and unfriendly) members the vote on the rule to bring the matter to the House floor.

That same source told HUMAN EVENTS that the rule would have precluded consideration of an amendment -- similar to that approved in the Senate last week -- to preserve D.C. residents’ gun rights.

House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) released the following statement a few moments ago after the Democratic Leadership pulled the D.C. Voting Rights Act from this week’s House floor schedule:

“The Democratic leadership repeatedly has made promises for a return to ‘regular order’ in the House, but this is added proof of just how hollow that promise has become. By maneuvering to deny Second Amendment rights to residents of our nation’s capital, Democratic leaders have made it clear that ‘regular order’ and the will of the American people will be respected only when it serves their interests. Americans expect more out of their leaders in Washington than this, and it’s time for both parties to work together to restore people’s trust in their Congress.”

Congratulations to the NRA for holding the Blue Dogs’ paws to the fire.

Top Bottom