• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Just saw this on channel 8 that the attorney general Greg Zoeller has determined that Dick Lugar's residency is "legally sound." I for one am not surprised. I guess it is time to vote this jerk out and see where he lives then. Anyone wnat to bet it is DC?

The thing is, it's not a residency question, the AG is ducking it. No one questioned whether Charlie White was a resident of Indiana, it was his falsification of his domiciled address for voting.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The thing is, it's not a residency question, the AG is ducking it. No one questioned whether Charlie White was a resident of Indiana, it was his falsification of his domiciled address for voting.

Exactly....you are dead on with this. And by calling it a residency issue, they are deflecting away from the REAL issues.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Does Lugar vote in Indiana? This is just a distraction and you guys had better start hammering the issues, not the fringes. The AG has already spoken on the matter. The case is closed.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Does Lugar vote in Indiana? This is just a distraction and you guys had better start hammering the issues, not the fringes. The AG has already spoken on the matter. The case is closed.

And what exactly does the AG does have to do with a criminal matter? I didn't know he took the place of courts and prosecutors.

jerry46765

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    Hancock County
    Lugar said he isn't sure what address is on his Indiana driver's license but presumes it was from the house he no longer owns.

If you can't remember what address is on your driver's license, I don't think you should be representing us in public office.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

According to Ogden, Lugar and his wife have voted absentee from the Highwooods Ct address multiple times.
    http://www.ogdenonpolitics.com/2011/12/election-fraud-complaint-filed-against.html

He may be a Resident due to his Congressional Service, but his wife has no such legal protection. Additionally, he has signed numerous legal documents affirming his address as someplace he has not lived in since 1977 when he sold it.
    The vote fraud, I contend is not a "fringe" issue. The court has opined as much in the White case.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    According to Ogden, Lugar and his wife have voted absentee from the Highwooods Ct address multiple times.
    http://www.ogdenonpolitics.com/2011/12/election-fraud-complaint-filed-against.html

He may be a Resident due to his Congressional Service, but his wife has no such legal protection. Additionally, he has signed numerous legal documents affirming his address as someplace he has not lived in since 1977 when he sold it.
    The vote fraud, I contend is not a "fringe" issue. The court has opined as much in the White case.

But White, unlike Lugar, wasn't covered by the Consitutional provision for service outside the state. A case might be able to be made about his wife, but I wouldn't count on it. No-one in the state government is going to go after him and neither are any prosecutors. It is a fringe issue, since it's a non-starter. People need to stick to the issues if Mourdock's to have any chance. Lugar's got the old fart vote sewed up, as it is, and the machine is backing him. If this is the only thing his opponents have to go with, then they're screwed. It's Indiana's version of birtherism.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Lugar falsified his voter registration and driver license renewals. That's a separate issue from legal state of residence. in addition, Lugar is not merely absent from the state, he sold his home and moved away showing an intention to move his domicile. I think he's skating on legally thin ice.

And also falsified his drivers license. Anyone privy to his State and Federal tax returns and what address they have on them????

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    But White, unlike Lugar, wasn't covered by the Consitutional provision for service outside the state.

White's case had nothing to due with his state of residence, I don't know how many more ways to explain this.:rolleyes: It had to do with him voting from an address at which he was not domiciled. No one said White wasn't a resident of Indiana, did they? All the state constitution addresses is maintaining Indiana as a state of residence, it doesn't shield one from prosecution for fraudulently stated their voting address.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    White's case had nothing to due with his state of residence, I don't know how many more ways to explain this.:rolleyes: It had to do with him voting from an address at which he was not domiciled. No one said White wasn't a resident of Indiana, did they? All the state constitution addresses is maintaining Indiana as a state of residence, it doesn't shield one from prosecution for fraudulently stated their voting address.

"Today (3/15/12), the ..... Marion County Election Board.....reach(ed) a conclusion that Senator and Mrs. Lugar have incorrectly voted in their precinct since he became a U.S. Senator."

From Lugar press release, (editorializing and excuse making removed).

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    A week or two ago, I watched a couple of PIs on the news show that Charley White's cell phone records indicated that he was primarily living in the domicile where he was registered before his election. They said the evidence wasn't presented in court because his lawyers didn't think they needed it. Bad move, boys.

As for Lugar, as others have said upthread, it's his conduct in the Senate that will have me voting for Mourdock, not Lugar's residence. BTW, Illinois' residency law for military is the same as Indiana's. Then 10 years I was on Active Duty, we used my parents' address, then, when they moved permanently to Indiana, used my in-laws' address until we got out and moved elsewhere. In Florida, all you need is a PO Box and the stated intention to move there "some day" to claim residence if you're in the military.

Top Bottom