• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not if you're a career politician. Laws like that don't apply to you then. Why else would "Two attorneys general have affirmed his position"? Either they were incompetent (or on the take), or he forged his credentials. Probably both.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    If you don't know what your address on your license reads... it's probably not correct. What a liar! How about he get charges filed against him for falsifying identification since 1977?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Article 2 Section 4 of the Indiana Constitution says "no person shall be deemed to have lost his residence in the State, by reason of his absence, either on business of this State or of the United States."

I guess that means he can list his address as a house he sold 30+ years ago.

DKSComp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Richmond
    Doesn't matter if he has a legal residence in Indiana or not, he is a RINO, too liberal and needs to be voted into retirement.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Back in the 80's I was stationed in Germany. My folks moved out of state due to my Dad's job. They sold the house that I had listed as my home of record (in Ohio) and in order for me to cast my absentee ballot, I was advised to change my address to my Grandparents house. Now, this may be different from Indiana laws.

I can understand the ruling of not having to maintain a "home" while serving as an elected official, but why not at the very least use the adress of his Indiana Offices?

My questions are simply: Why has Lugar deliberately and intentionally not used the seemingly valid address of the property he supposedly does own?

Is the property in a different congressional district from the one he has been elected? If it is, would this affect his candidacy or eligability for his current office and how?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Back in the 80's I was stationed in Germany. My folks moved out of state due to my Dad's job. They sold the house that I had listed as my home of record (in Ohio) and in order for me to cast my absentee ballot, I was advised to change my address to my Grandparents house. Now, this may be different from Indiana laws.

I can understand the ruling of not having to maintain a "home" while serving as an elected official, but why not at the very least use the adress of his Indiana Offices?

My questions are simply: Why has Lugar deliberately and intentionally not used the seemingly valid address of the property he supposedly does own?

Is the property in a different congressional district from the one he has been elected? If it is, would this affect his candidacy or eligability for his current office and how?

No, Senate is a statewide office.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Does anyone believe for a minute that he couldn't afford to have two homes? He should move into the White House since he's so chummy with the current occupant.

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    Does anyone believe for a minute that he couldn't afford to have two homes? He should move into the White House since he's so chummy with the current occupant.

He may be wealthy at this point, but his point is that he couldn't afford two homes when he was first elected is important because it's not fair to have to ask someone to choose between public service and raising a family. Unfortunately, that is what it comes down to and he made his choice a long time ago. And now he's going to pay for it.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    It's just disgusting. His actions have been a blatant scam of the Hoosiers who asked him to represent them. He knew damn well he was violating the laws of the state as well as the oaths of the office when he made his choice back in '70's. I am just sad that it took this long for his schemes to come to light.

He needs to be gone.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It really doesn't matter. He's protected by the state Constitution, as the AG's have stated. Pressing the issue is a non starter. Mourdoch needs to beat him on the issues, not technicalities.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    There is a difference between acknowledging that you are out of state/country and cannot make it to a poll and pretending to hold a residency in Indiana. There is no way he can make a valid argument that his driver's license is valid with an address from 1977.

Top Bottom