• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    A good friend of mine who is an elected official currently holding office told me something great on Saturday.

He is voting to retire him. Took 18 years to get him to see it my way. When I lived up North, he tried to get me to help with his elections in the 1990's and I said can't help. He would go to all his parties and such. He has not been happy with the Senator in the last 4 years.

Four votes from my family are going to retire him.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I'm crossing over two cast two votes: one against our Girl Scout-hating State Representative Morris and one for Dick Lugar. :p

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Charlie White, our former Secretary of State got sentenced for Voter Fraud. Luger is going to get off without any punishment for the same thing, IMO. If White belongs in jail then Luger belongs in jail. Again MO.

Safe shooting,
    Vv

Charlie White's residency and Dick Lugar's residency are two different issues - legally speaking. Politically it becomes risky when a politician loses touch with his constituency, and by not maintaining a residence here, even though he supposedly has made frequent visits here to Indiana, Lugar hasn't made a case for staying on in spite of his age and his voting record. Since there aren't too many contested Democrat contests throughout the state, I wouldn't be surprised if Lugar doesn't get some help from the Dems, but I don't think it will be enough to save him.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Actions speak louder than words!

Funny how for all these years, Lugar has been telling us he's a "conservative", right of center guy, yet when the going gets tough, he cries to the Democratic Party voters to get him nominated!
    Knowing that he'll likely get their help.

I know some left wingers who plan on voting Republican in the primary JUST to help nominate Lugar.

WHICH IS WHY, DON'T GET COCKY AND COUNT IT AS A SURE THING FOR MOURDOCK.

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There are only 4 Republican voters in my household. so that is all the help I can give him to retire. If only I was a dem i could leverage that to 8 0r 12:).

RBM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Judah
    I propose we help Lugar. Given his decades of hard work in Washington, I suggest that we take up a collection for the moving van when he vacates his senate office.

No, not really, just send him a 'good riddance' message.

How about a swift kick in the arse.

Top Bottom