• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I got the same letter that says absolutely nothing but I got your note and I am going to do what I want to do regardless of what anyone thinks, but I am not going to come out and say it.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Response from the Libo Rino :

Dear **. ******:

Thank you for sharing with me your thoughts about H.R. 822, the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011, which was approved in the House of Representatives on November 16th by a vote of 272-154. This legislation is currently awaiting further consideration in the Senate Judiciary Committee.

( NOW THIS MAKES ME FEEL BETTER !!! )

Congress has passed similar reciprocity provisions for law enforcement officers. The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2003 was passed into law and signed by President Bush in 2004. This measure exempts qualified current and former law enforcement officers from state laws prohibiting the carrying of concealed firearms. I was a co-sponsor of this legislation.

I believe in the rights of law-abiding citizens to possess firearms for collecting, defensive, and sporting purposes, and I support Indiana law related to the purchase, ownership, and carrying of firearms. As consideration of this legislation moves forward in the Judiciary Committee, I will have your thoughts in mind.

Thank you, again, for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Richard G. Lugar
    United States Senator

Typical Lugar response. I get these all the time. Words to try to placate, nothing really said, no idea where he stands.

I hate how he talks down to me in those responses. It just pisses me off even more.

Stocks

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    The Senator definitely sucks up to the Brady Campaign! :dunno:

Gun Issues

2006 Gun Owners of America - Positions 100%
    2005 Gun Owners of America - Positions 0%
    2003-2004 Gun Owners of America - Positions 10%
    2003 Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence - Lifetime Score 52%
    2002 Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence - Lifetime Score 52%
    2001-2002 Gun Owners of America - Positions on Gun Rights 0%
    2000 National Rifle Association - Lifetime Score C-
    1999-2000 Coalition to Stop Gun Violence - Positions 100%
    1999-2000 Gun Owners of America - Positions on Gun Rights 0%
    1993-1994 National Rifle Association - Positions 50%
    1991-2009 Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence - Lifetime Score 53%
    1990-1993 Coalition to Stop Gun Violence - Positions 43%
    1988-2008 Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence - Lifetime Score 51%
    1987-1999 Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence - Positions 53%

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Response from the Libo Rino :

Dear **. ******:

Thank you for sharing with me your thoughts about H.R. 822, the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011, which was approved in the House of Representatives on November 16th by a vote of 272-154. This legislation is currently awaiting further consideration in the Senate Judiciary Committee.

( NOW THIS MAKES ME FEEL BETTER !!! )

Congress has passed similar reciprocity provisions for law enforcement officers. The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2003 was passed into law and signed by President Bush in 2004. This measure exempts qualified current and former law enforcement officers from state laws prohibiting the carrying of concealed firearms. I was a co-sponsor of this legislation.

I believe in the rights of law-abiding citizens to possess firearms for collecting, defensive, and sporting purposes, and I support Indiana law related to the purchase, ownership, and carrying of firearms. As consideration of this legislation moves forward in the Judiciary Committee, I will have your thoughts in mind.

Thank you, again, for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Richard G. Lugar
    United States Senator

Got the exact same letter email to me today after I complained to him about his position. What a bunch of bovine excrement.

grube555

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    I just gave him my :twocents: worth. I think he has coasted lately with the GOP tag attached to his name and no one really taking the time to see how he is voting! We put them there...we can take them out! We must make people more aware of this though! I have lost a lot of respect for dick over the last few years and I believe it is time for him to go. He has lost touch with us!

tlkidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    New Haven
    Those are some of the weakest arguments against the reciprocity bill I have heard. I don't think Loughner would have worried about crossing the stateline to try to assassinate Giffords. They try to make it sound like anyone would be able to get a carry permit. They would still have to pass all the tests in their state of residency but the bottom line is criminals are right now carrying their guns across your state lines. Law abiding citizens are not but we want to be able to without ending up in jail with the slime we are trying to protect ourselves from

yotebutcher90

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    West Lafayette
    Lugar doesn't have any touch of reality with our state here, as a reward for an essay competition in school, a friend of mine met him and had a 5 minute "conversation" with him where he was just talking about himself and his views and did not even listen to my friend when she tried asking him questions. That really ticked her and myself off as not only did he ignored her questions, he showed no respect to her since she was being rewarded.

efpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    I get so tired of being represented by a typical carreer politician. I think term limits are generally a bad idea, but I am warming up to them. Seems like we don't have much choice.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I was under the impression that Lugar died in office years ago but someone go a hold of Disney and he is now an animatronic figure run by the Democrats. I mean really, if you watch him talk the top half of his head never moves or changes expression!

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    My inquiry to Lugar:

Many of my clients have asked me about H.R. 822. I support the right of legal CCW holders to carry across state lines as provided in the 2nd amendment of the U.S. Constitution. I am a life long conservative. In doing some research on the bill I have discovered you have a consistent pattern of voting against the rights of individual gun owners. I would like to know your view on the H.R. 822 bill so I may correctly convey to my clients your views on the subject.

Please do not send the template response I have seen posted in response to similar inquiries. I understand some bills seem good on the surface but underlying nuances in fact make them go completely in another direction. I understand you are against H.R. 822. Please take the time to respond personally to my request and give me specific reasons for your non support of this bill. If there are pieces of this bill that would work against an individuals right to bear arms in the future please explain. If there any other provisions that would do the same please fill me in.

I have influence over many thousands of voters in the Northern part of the State and there is a growing anti Lugar sentiment because of your negative voting history on gun rights. I am giving you a chance to explain your stance so I may pass the information on correctly to the voters and not leave your stance up to interpretation or conjecture.

Again, please respond personally and not with a template response. Have a Very Merry Christmas.

Sincerely,
    Michael A. Zimmerman

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    My inquiry to Lugar:

Many of my clients have asked me about H.R. 822. I support the right of legal CCW holders to carry across state lines as provided in the 2nd amendment of the U.S. Constitution. I am a life long conservative. In doing some research on the bill I have discovered you have a consistent pattern of voting against the rights of individual gun owners. I would like to know your view on the H.R. 822 bill so I may correctly convey to my clients your views on the subject.

Please do not send the template response I have seen posted in response to similar inquiries. I understand some bills seem good on the surface but underlying nuances in fact make them go completely in another direction. I understand you are against H.R. 822. Please take the time to respond personally to my request and give me specific reasons for your non support of this bill. If there are pieces of this bill that would work against an individuals right to bear arms in the future please explain. If there any other provisions that would do the same please fill me in.

I have influence over many thousands of voters in the Northern part of the State and there is a growing anti Lugar sentiment because of your negative voting history on gun rights. I am giving you a chance to explain your stance so I may pass the information on correctly to the voters and not leave your stance up to interpretation or conjecture.

Again, please respond personally and not with a template response. Have a Very Merry Christmas.

Sincerely,
    Michael A. Zimmerman

BOOM BOOM ! Out go the lights !!

I like it !

Top Bottom