• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Speaking of Glock 7s, a friend at work told me his uncle is an officer in CT and was given a Glock that won't go off through metal detectors. He said it's all ceramic. I tried to inform him but he swears up and down. I told him if he truly has one, to bring it to Indiana so I can play with it a little and I would pay for his flight and hotel. Apparently, he's too busy. Lol

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Speaking of Glock 7s, a friend at work told me his uncle is an officer in CT and was given a Glock that won't go off through metal detectors. He said it's all ceramic. I tried to inform him but he swears up and down. I told him if he truly has one, to bring it to Indiana so I can play with it a little and I would pay for his flight and hotel. Apparently, he's too busy. Lol

Yeah I bet the barrel and bullets are ceramic too, all ceramic weapons are real but they are knives, not guns. :)
    Also some ceramic knives have metal powder in them to actually be detected by metal detectors.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If anyone has a true ceramic gun, I will PAY their way to me, so I can see it. I'm keeping my money though, because I've yet to see any.

Send me your money and I show you a picture of mine.
    I have to warn you it looks just like an everage Glock but believe me it's [STRIKE]plastic[/STRIKE], I mean ceramic.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    My dad is a machinist who did some research on this. Something about high impact plastic and a couple shots. He never felt the need to build a prototype. This was in the 90s so who knows what the material sciences have now.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    If anyone has a true ceramic gun, I will PAY their way to me, so I can see it. I'm keeping my money though, because I've yet to see any.

Remember that movie "In The Line Of Fire" I highly doubt this would work in the real world (Especially since he fires the loaded gun in the video and nothing happens) but the concept is interesting.

Forgive me, haven't quite figured out how to embed videos quite yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXg56QW6qfo

Top Bottom