• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I quickly palmed my knife under my wallet and held my hat in my hand and walked right through even after the wand went off on my back pocket which was empty,

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I am a little confused because I am new to Indiana and still with Michigan laws in my head. In Michigan it is illegal to enter an entertainment facility(depending on size/seating/etc) with a firearm, even with a Michigan Concealed Pistol License. So, question: Are there any laws restricting carrying (with LTCH) into these large entertainment facility, like Lucas Stadium.

Also, if they are looking for weapons and wanding people, is there signage stating such?

It is legal to carry in the stadium, however if you are asked to leave and refuse to do so they can have you arrested for trespassing.
    But all they can do is ask you to leave, you cant get arrested for illegaly carrying a gun (if you have a LTCH of course) if you are found with one inside the stadium.

Last edited:

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    did they wand ankles? I went to a pacers game last season and they had wands. I was carrying my g23 in a belly band right near by belt buckle (pretty low and deeply concealed) I just picked one of the "guards" that looked like he didn't know what he was doing. a.k.a. one that was clearly not a cop moonlighting as security. Im pretty sure he had the wand backwards when he wanded me cuz it went right over the gun and didn't make a noise.
    However, before I walked away he had me lift my pant legs to make sure I wasn't carrying on my ankle. Which sucks because my backup plan to getting into places like this is to carry my j-frame on my ankle then when I get in go to the bathroom and switch to pocket carry.

Well most people were wearing shorts so no they didn't but in winter I'm sure they will.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Go downtown unprotected and you may get the chance to prove that last statement.

:twocents:

I hope that (proving it) doesn't happen to you or anyone else, and thank you for the update.

Blessings,
    Bill

No disagreement there. This is the ONLY place I go unarmed (well just in the stadium and 5 mins walk there) I have a BUG I keep locked in the car when I go to rearm as soon as I leave.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    They were wanding at the media entrance, too. They use to just do a quick pat-down.

Maybe someone in security has been reading INGO?

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I pocket carried a LCP in my front right pocket, and even though they were wanding people (which they weren't doing very well), they didn't wand my right side very well because there was no "chirp" audible from the wand.

Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    We went last night they only wanded from my waist area north. I didn't remove anything from my pockets and something in my front pocket set it off "Whats in your pocket" removed my cell phone "Good to go" without checking again. I would never violate their rules (haha) but I could have easily reached around my j-frame in my pocket to get my cell phone, carried in an ankle holster, or carried my NAA 22 in my crotch area. As for getting your season tickets revoked last I checked you don't hand them your ticket until after the screening so if you get a screening result your not happy with turn around walk back to your car calm down and leave anything that you may have forgot to remove in your car.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    They were wanding at the media entrance, too. They use to just do a quick pat-down.

Maybe someone in security has been reading INGO?
    NOOOOOO that's impossible! Things never get said on the internet that can come back to hurt us in real life! It's just the internet!

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Fyi for all you Colts fans....last year NFL called for pat downs of everyone. They we weak and I know I heard people taking about deep CC there as nobody prefers to be downtown without a gun. Well this year Lucas oil kicked it up a notch and you get wanded before going in. So be careful unless you want you ticket revoked!

Not just Lucas Oil, it's league wide policy. I'm going to a Browns game in October and got a notice about the new security measures. I'm actually glad for it.

The pat downs were so dumb and just held up the line and wouldn't catch anything.

Now at least if I'm standing in a line I know it MIGHT be for a legit reason.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Not just Lucas Oil, it's league wide policy. I'm going to a Browns game in October and got a notice about the new security measures. I'm actually glad for it.

The pat downs were so dumb and just held up the line and wouldn't catch anything.

Now at least if I'm standing in a line I know it MIGHT be for a legit reason.

Yes, the legit reason of stripping you of your best defense when one of their drug addict [STRIKE]players[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]fans [/STRIKE], random people attack you.

What's worse than being in downtown Indy unarmed? Being downtown Cleveland unarmed.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I went to the game and they just wanded my upper body and asked what I had in my pockets.

No worries here though. I only went because it was a paid company function. $275 for a pre-season ticket? I am waaay too cheap/poor to actually go to a game live.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    How about just not going to an NFL venue in the first place? Especially Lucas Oil stadium, or just about any place that takes tax dollars from us and then restricts our constitutional rights while on "their" property. EFF the NFL! They won't get a dime from me.

You can afford to actually go to a game? Congrats! But why spend that money on a ticket instead of on another firearm and watch the NFL from the comfort of your home or favorite sports bar?

Besides, its the Colts!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You can afford to actually go to a game? Congrats! But why spend that money on a ticket instead of on another firearm and watch the NFL from the comfort of your home or favorite sports bar?

That is my sentiment exactly! Plus my beer is cheaper and tastes better.:D

I figured after going to that game on Thursday, if I skipped the next 3 I would have my AR build paid for. Then I could tell the wife, "hey honey, my AR was built for free!":rockwoot:

Top Bottom