• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Straight walled case = carbide size die (no lube)

Ion is right, for straight wall cases use carbide dies. For bottlenecks/tapered use a lube, in which case I prefer RCBS which I finger lube.

:nono: from what I have been reading online about .30 carbine and in talking to some old timers the recommendation is lube it to make it easier.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The Dillon stuff works great. It is not expensive, and a little bit goes a long way. It is easy to use for 20 cases or 200 cases at a time. I use a cookie tray for large amounts and a shallow bowl for smaller jobs. I never clean the cookie tray. The lube residue just stays there. I figure it helps the next batch. Midway sells their Frankford Arsenal brand of case lube in a pump spay like Dillon. It looks the same, smells the same, works the same as the Dillon product.

dagger dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Harrison County
    Imperial sizing wax, for rifle, I use a single stage press and handle each case so it doesn't take an extra step, just swipe your fingers across the wax and that's enough to do several cases, I always wipe the finished cartridge before placing it in the box.

Carbide is the way to go for straight walled pistol or rifle, although I do use Imperial on the 45-70 cases.

I hate using any brand "resizing snot" in the tubes especially on a pad.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks all for your input. While I'm a "green fan" (RCBS) I think I'm gonna give the dillion stuff a try based on what I'm reading here and elsewhere.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    I like lee lube thinned with rubbing alcohol. Ive been meaning to try the wire pulling lubricant from Lowe's as i hear its the same stuff as the lee lube only cheaper.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Aerosols are what I have gone to..shake well and spray cases on pad then rotate and spray lightly again..easy and no goopy mess on your hands. Same for cleaning solvents..have gone to sprays, no need to dip an patch in a bottle and slop it around getting it into barrel..just spray in barrel and run brush or patch thru over a trash can.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Over the years, I sized a bunch of cases using the RCBS case lube and pad. Most of the stories I read these days about a stuck case start out with the words, "I was using Hornady One-Shot". I resize a lot of 30 Carbine brass: If you want to avoid trimming every other time you shoot, I STRONGLY advise that you lube the cases. Another great point with the 30 Carbine brass is to brush out the necks and lube the inside lightly...this keep them from growing too much.

These days, most of my bottle-necked cases get a quick swipe with Imperial Sizing Die wax. I'm not processing hundreds or thousands of cases at a time and this product is just so simple and economical. I've been meaning to try the Dillon case lube, but can't find anything wrong with what I've been doing, so no real need.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Hornady Case Lube Spray for me on 5.56. I don't let it dry. I spray making sure to get the inside neck area,turn the casing 1/2 and spray again and size while still wet. I mainly use Dillion dies for 5.56

For .308 I use Hornady Unique Case Lube (paste) I put some on a shop rag and roll the casing's over it taking care not to get to much and to get some in the neck.

The only stuck case's I have ever had were in Hornady dies. I hate Horandy dies.

Mech45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    NWI
    For low volume rifle cases I use Imperial sizing wax, for .223 I use Dillon spray lube and for pistol I use carbide dies and no lube.

Top Bottom