LTCH test/class?...what do you guys think?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Not to speak for BoR, but I think that is what he was referring to. Why should you have to ask and pay for a piece of paper to exercise your rights. Including CC/OC.

I ask no permission to speak, to write, to meet and gather with others, to practice the religion of my choice, or to petition my government for redress of grievance. I don't need their OK to not house soldiers in my home against my own will or to not have to allow searches for whatever, whenever. If I was accused of some crime, I would have every reason to expect a speedy, public trial, the ability to confront witnesses, etc.

By the same token, I should not need government permission to lawfully defend myself whenever or wherever I have the need to do so; at home, walking down the street, in the bank, the grocery, a house of worship, hospital, or any government building. I should have no need to justify my desire to do so; it should be unusual to find someone unwilling to accept that responsibility.... They should be the ones having to justify their actions.

Instead, I do undergo that process.. only because to not do so jeopardizes my ability to continue to defend myself afterward.

This must change!

Blessings,
    Bill

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    Shall issue absolutely - but being required to sit through a class on basic law, firearms operations and basic profiency wouldn't be a bad idea. Yes it may be joke and a pain in the butt for those that already know it but in the end fewer people with licenses be out there that have little to know firearms proficency. You need to pass a test for driving license, a handgun isn't any less dangerous. And add a picture to the license so that more states honor it. My :twocents: I know not everyone here agrees with this.

The problem with your argument with drivers licenses is that driving is a privilege not a right. However, gun ownership is a right under the Constitution. If you are going to make a requirement for gun training then make it a law that every law abiding citizen in the state must take gun training as safety class and make them purchase a firearm. It they do not do so then fine them for not doing so. Now seriously, most people that do want to buy a handgun will go out with friends or family to a gun range and shoot or get some form of informal training. I know of several people I have taken personally to the range to see what gun might best suit them. There is no training required for a right.

Top Bottom