• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I'm reminded of the words of the great Starship Captain James Tiberius Kirk..."In an insane world, the sane, appear, to be, insane."

Good luck

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    It establishes a Gun Free Zone everywhere past the person's property line. Since GFZs work perfectly as intended, said person will not under any circumstance remove any gun from the property.

Close... see below.

Bit of a sweeping (and incorrect) generalization. It only affects my carrying of handguns, not long guns, and it just means I have to transport them unloaded in a secure container, inaccessible to me, and in a vehicle.

Also incorrect. It merely makes it a criminal offense to be caught carrying, the real results don't amount to squat at preventing people from carrying handguns in public.

I'm reminded of the words of the great Starship Captain James Tiberius Kirk..."In an insane world, the sane, appear, to be, insane."

Good luck

Awesome quote, sounded just like he would have said it too.

:+1:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Cathy, have Fenway sign a notarized receipt showing how many rep points and gold badges you have. The judge'll be so impressed you probably won't even have to sit down. Good luck!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Cathy, have Fenway sign a notarized receipt showing how many rep points and gold badges you have. The judge'll be so impressed you probably won't even have to sit down. Good luck!

genius_zps6f71bfd2.jpg

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville

Riiiight. As long as he doesn't read too many posts here.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    I'm not wanting to start anything here but what does yanking a person's little pink piece of paper actually do? They don't confiscate their guns.

It prevents someone from carrying a gun on them. Just like not being allowed to carry a gun in Chicago. It makes things so much safer. Yeah they had 500+ homicides last year. But could you imagine if they let people carry guns how many homicides there would be?

Of course I'm being sarcastic with that comment.

We have all seen in the past few years where they confiscated weapons and let people fight thru court to get them back. So they are no stranger to that action. I know it's probably a CYA action taking a permit, and just a headache for the person who lost it.
    Maybe this is a way of getting people to concede thier right? Just like the NFA and the $200 tax. It's not illegal to have but for months of waiting, a long application process and $200 you can have it. Some will not show up and fight thinking they will need to pay a lawyer to fight and still lose. I would say it's all just intimidation with a little CYA on the "we took action ...." side of things.

:twocents:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    *sigh*

*picard facepalm here*

Apparently, the ISP firearms division's left hand doesn't know what its right hand is doing. My attorney and I show up for my hearing an hour early to make sure everything's going to go smoothly for the hearing that ISP has informed us is final, there will be no further continuances, only to find that the ISP has... continued the hearing to a later date.

Why, you may ask?

Apparently, someone got it in their head that WE requested a continuance in order to collect additional documents on my behalf. I never made any such request. My attorney never made any such request. My attorney's legal secretary never made any such request. Such request apparently just leapt fully formed from the forehead of Zeus. Our hearing had already been swept from the administrative court's calendar, only... no one from the ISP had bothered to contact my attorney or me to inform us of this before I paid for both of us to trek the 80 miles to ISPHQ. Glorious.

I was under the distinct impression from long ago that the ISP was aware of my court date (March 8), and so would have the sense and grace to continue until after that, and indeed Lt. Wood was all about not wanting to prejudice my criminal proceeding with any decision from the administrative law judge prior to it. It's a complete mystery to me why we were given a hearing date of Jan. 24, let alone a message that this date for my LTCH hearing was final.

To be continued.

New LTCH hearing date is March 20 @ 1:00 PM. To be clear, this is finally and actually after my court date of March 8 @ 8:30 AM.

The war of attrition wages on, but I will prevail.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    *sigh*

*picard facepalm here*

Apparently, the ISP firearms division's left hand doesn't know what its right hand is doing. My attorney and I show up for my hearing an hour early to make sure everything's going to go smoothly for the hearing that ISP has informed us is final, there will be no further continuances, only to find that the ISP has... continued the hearing to a later date.

Why, you may ask?

Apparently, someone got it in their head that WE requested a continuance in order to collect additional documents on my behalf. I never made any such request. My attorney never made any such request. My attorney's legal secretary never made any such request. Such request apparently just leapt fully formed from the forehead of Zeus. Our hearing had already been swept from the administrative court's calendar, only... no one from the ISP had bothered to contact my attorney or me to inform us of this before I paid for both of us to trek the 80 miles to ISPHQ. Glorious.

I was under the distinct impression from long ago that the ISP was aware of my court date (March 8), and so would have the sense and grace to continue until after that, and indeed Lt. Wood was all about not wanting to prejudice my criminal proceeding with any decision from the administrative law judge prior to it. It's a complete mystery to me why we were given a hearing date of Jan. 24, let alone a message that this date for my LTCH hearing was final.

To be continued.

New LTCH hearing date is March 20 @ 1:00 PM. To be clear, this is finally and actually after my court date of March 8 @ 8:30 AM.

The war of attrition wages on, but I will prevail.

Like I said, anything they can do to cost you money.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Call ahead to confirm. Also, document every time they screw you over. Who knows, you might be able to build a case against them if they keep playing with you.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Ive had friends go through the legal system for completely different issues and no matter what the court or the issue.... their experience is the same. :):

Hang tough and whatever this is about.... hope March goes your way!

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like I said, anything they can do to cost you money.
    That is what was going through my mind the moment they said that my hearing had already been wiped from the day's schedule.

And no way am I wading through the ISP's voice-mail-Hell to confirm something that's already been confirmed through my attorney. It was the ISP's responsibility to affirmatively change the hearing date/time with my attorney well in advance. They didn't just drop that ball, they dropped it down a well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom