• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Nothing could be more true. The entire "legal process" is one amazing scam perpetuated upon the sheeple by judges, lawyers, law enforcement, etc. The ENTIRE purpose for the charade is to separate you from as much of your money/property as possible. Doing what is "right" left the process a very long time ago (if it were ever there at all....)

Don't forget that the courts often use the system against you any way possible for what THEY think is "right" and make it not worth it for many of those people who actually have done nothing wrong but have something to loose, yet the criminal with nothing to loose fights the system with our tax dollars to decide how many tax dollars we will spend on their "rehabilitation."

Someone didn't read carefully.

And it could have been me but I was sure she mentioned her counsel's identity.

My understanding is that she has two lawyers. Her defense lawyer may not be the sharpest tool int he shed but her litigation lawyer is Guy Relford, the best friend an Indiana Gun Owner ever had. ;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That has been my experience in all my battles with the written word of the law, keep a close eye on your counsel as most will sell you out quickly or just retire on the job.

If anyone that verses in Jurisprudence can argue with that, take up her case Pro Bono !!

So you're going into work tomorrow and telling your boss that Friday's on you? No need to pay you?

I have met many lawyers over the years. I have 9 law partners, know countless others, have fought with and against a whole crowd of lawyers. There are some bad apples out there, just like anywhere, but the overwhelming, and I mean truly overwhelming majority are doing nothing less than their dead-level-best for their clients. Unfortunately, clients seem not to understand, at times, that the lawyer cannot control results, no matter how many times you explain it.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    So you're going into work tomorrow and telling your boss that Friday's on you? No need to pay you?

I have met many lawyers over the years. I have 9 law partners, know countless others, have fought with and against a whole crowd of lawyers. There are some bad apples out there, just like anywhere, but the overwhelming, and I mean truly overwhelming majority are doing nothing less than their dead-level-best for their clients. Unfortunately, clients seem not to understand, at times, that the lawyer cannot control results, no matter how many times you explain it.

:+1:

I have a new respect for lawyers as of late. (The good ones)

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I see the Psychologist for some tests on the 23rd and the ISP to deal with this ... bureaucratic ... stuff... on the 24th.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I don't know the story, but good grief. I've had two buddies hung up on the BS "improper person" thing. One of them got it dropped, the other one finally gave up after a year. Don't give up, Cathy. Don't let em win.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County

I agree. Many lawyers are hard working and client focused. You can't always control the outcome even if you do all the right stuff.

Still the lawyer jokes are very fun.....:D

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    It would sure be interesting to have a recording of the psychological tests and also to know the political background of the psychologist(s) involved. Seems like it could be rigged against you pretty easy. Are you allowed to have your counsel along for the "tests"?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Having been to subpoenaed to a ISP LTC handgun revocation hearing last year I can tell everyone they seemed quite fair. It was a female judge when I was there (don't recall the name). Our guy never showed up but they still waited for him for 15 minutes past the ordered time. When it was apparent that he wasn't going to show they held the hearing. Once it was over they requested my TX number in case the person showed up as I was leaving the building. They told me that if he did they would call me back up. Pretty dang fair IMO.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East

Well you probably say it just like Larry when those poor turkeys.....uuuugh... I mean clients hand over that retainer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCRUA1WeT-4

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I actually had the psychology exam scheduled before I got the letter about the final LTC hearing. It's just coinky-dink that it's a Wednesday-Thursday thing. The exam is for a diagnostic for Asperger's Syndrome. Figured if I was ever going to get a diagnostic for it, I should do it before they delete it from the DSM-V. But, while I'm there, I'll be sure to hit the doc up for observations regarding, and a letter on my way out the door attesting to, my complete sanity and rationality. Let's see the ISP yank my ticket permanently on an emotionally unstable improper person claim with that letter in my file.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Late to this party, don't know the details, but sorry to hear what you're having to go through.

Hoping for the best outcome for you in this situation. Good luck!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I actually had the psychology exam scheduled before I got the letter about the final LTC hearing. It's just coinky-dink that it's a Wednesday-Thursday thing. The exam is for a diagnostic for Asperger's Syndrome. Figured if I was ever going to get a diagnostic for it, I should do it before they delete it from the DSM-V. But, while I'm there, I'll be sure to hit the doc up for observations regarding, and a letter on my way out the door attesting to, my complete sanity and rationality. Let's see the ISP yank my ticket permanently on an emotionally unstable improper person claim with that letter in my file.

Don't take this wrong but it is impossible to ascertain ones sanity via a website. I know often times thing get blown all out of proportion for various reasons and people claim this and that to fit their particular agenda.

Don't know your story or what you are going through (it don't sound fun). But I hope you do what you have to do. If the Dr's. think you have something mental going on then all you can do is deal with it and then work on getting your LTC back when you are able. If you are GTG then I am confident that will be shown and you are down the road with your license.

I would hope that you agree that if a person does have some issues going on then perhaps they shouldn't be around guns until they are better. After all the state does these things for a reason.

Rest assured that the ISP licensing board will be fair no matter what the outcome of your evaluation. And again I am not saying, implying or even thinking you are crazy...I don't know you. Good luck to you just the same.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    if it's better for her to have the officers there for questioning, couldn't she subpoena them?

I said subpoena in my post above but it was actually just a letter saying I needed to be there. So kinda the same but not really the same. I would assume that if any officers are even involved with the OP's case that they could make a ruling by using the case report.

I don't know if these revocation hearing use trial rules or not. The one I was at was somewhat informal as far as a court proceeding's go. Heck I don't know if it is even considered a court proceeding.

Whatever they call them I can say that a lot of the people who had a hearing there needed their LTC revoked. If you could have seen their cases I am willing to bet everyone would agree. There was also hearings that day whereas the person DID NOT get revoked.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I said subpoena in my post above but it was actually just a letter saying I needed to be there. So kinda the same but not really the same. I would assume that if any officers are even involved with the OP's case that they could make a ruling by using the case report.

I don't know if these revocation hearing use trial rules or not. The one I was at was somewhat informal as far as a court proceeding's go. Heck I don't know if it is even considered a court proceeding.

Whatever they call them I can say that a lot of the people who had a hearing there needed their LTC revoked. If you could have seen their cases I am willing to bet everyone would agree. There was also hearings that day whereas the person DID NOT get revoked.

I'm not wanting to start anything here but what does yanking a person's little pink piece of paper actually do? They don't confiscate their guns.

Kaardomos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Milltown, Indiana
    I'm not wanting to start anything here but what does yanking a person's little pink piece of paper actually do? They don't confiscate their guns.

It establishes a Gun Free Zone everywhere past the person's property line. Since GFZs work perfectly as intended, said person will not under any circumstance remove any gun from the property.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom