• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    so here is what i got going on. my current ID has a different address from where i live at right now. im wanting to go apply for my license here soon, but ive been told that your ID has to have your current address on it. i know this is a simply fix, but here is where im having some trouble. in about 2 months im going to moving out of the city im currently in. should i try and apply for my license anyway or should i wait till after i move and get an ID that has my new address on it? i dont see a point in paying to get a new ID when im going to have to get it changed again in a few months...but i want my LTCH asap! what should i do?:rules:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Unless, you can use L-1, it will take longer than 2 months, to get a LTCH, I would just wait, and get Id., changed, then apply for LTCH ... JMHO ...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    L-1 Identity Solutions is a firm that will handle the fingerprinting and background check on behalf of the Indiana State Police. It costs an extra $10 to use their services (in addition to the $125 for your Lifetime LTCH), but can cut the wait times dramatically. If you file electronically, you should be directed to L-1 to be fingerprinted.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    L-1 Identity Solutions is a firm that will handle the fingerprinting and background check on behalf of the Indiana State Police. It costs an extra $10 to use their services (in addition to the $125 for your Lifetime LTCH), but can cut the wait times dramatically. If you file electronically, you should be directed to L-1 to be fingerprinted.

I am in Indianapolis and used l1 and got my ltch a week later. I know it takes a lot longer if they find any descrepancies.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    You can do that. But you can also apply now at your current address and get your LTCH, and then when you move you send a letter to the Indiana State Police informung them of your new address. You don't need to get a new license when you move (unless you want to), you just need to inform them of an address change.

serf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Greenwood
    If you go to the BMV they will give you a Temporary ID that works in combination with your outdated ID and this will allow you to get your LTCH. It is considered a valid current drivers license until you get your new one in the mail.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    You can do that. But you can also apply now at your current address and get your LTCH, and then when you move you send a letter to the Indiana State Police informung them of your new address. You don't need to get a new license when you move (unless you want to), you just need to inform them of an address change.
    How long does it take to get your ltch if you do the l1. I'll be moving in 2 months so I don't want to apply and then have some circumstance happen to where They think I'm lying or something. Also do they send the license to you in the mail or do you pick it up?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    How long does it take to get your ltch if you do the l1. I'll be moving in 2 months so I don't want to apply and then have some circumstance happen to where They think I'm lying or something. Also do they send the license to you in the mail or do you pick it up?

I didn't use L1, but from what I hear you would easily get it before you move in two months unless there are extenuating circumstances you need to explain on your application. You receive the license in the mail.

serf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Greenwood
    depends on the counties... if it's marion or johnson usually takes 5-7 business days once you pay your counties.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    I live in Bartholomew county. I just want to make sure it doesn't take long and me move. Then it get mailed to my old address. I'd be very upset. Thanks for all the help everyone!

digitick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Ft. Wayne, IN

You can submit an Address Change Form and I believe it costs $20.
    Handgun License FAQ

serf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Greenwood
    If you do the l1 you play the state and 10 fee up front then you pay county after you get fingerprinted. You can do this all in the same day but the license doesn't get processed until you pay county

Top Bottom