• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    I disagree, I travel a lot. Without our state issuing a state permit, I can not carry in many of the states I travel in.

And the state could still issue one for that reason, but other than that it needs to be done away with. We have 2 separate Constitutions that say we do not need it, I agree with both

This is exactly why Arizona issues carry permits. Even though they are/were a Constitutional Carry State they give permits for those who travel out of state and want to carry.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This is exactly why Arizona issues carry permits. Even though they are/were a Constitutional Carry State they give permits for those who travel out of state and want to carry.

Which is a great solution. Constitutional carry here and permits (licenses) for our residents that other states will recognize......until the Constitution is effective nationwide (yeah it sounds silly, because it is).

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    Even in Tennessee your permit number is the same as your DL number and it pops up for LEOs just like it does in Indiana but you must still carry your permit with you. You must show it on demand even though they know you have it or face the consequences. Some will do nothing (verbal warning), some will take your weapon and/or arrest you.

The one good thing here is the TN permit is plastic (laid out like the under 21 IN IDs).

My IN LTCH is laminated and was carried in my wallet for years with no issues. As long as you do it right you should be good to go.

What? My DL and LTCH are different numbers. Yes you made me look if that was your intent.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Way back when.. Before the lifetime permit, you had to wait 7 days to purchase a handgun if you didnt have a carry permit. .. end todays lesson :D

Sad thing is I remember the 7 day wait period and got my first permit in 1975 at the Portage Police Dept. Man I feel old, next year that will be forty years ago.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I hear tell of stories of some weirdo in Kokomo that will copy and laminate your LTCH - FREE - for INGO members.

:shady:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Just put it on as an 'endorsement' like the motorcycle endorment, on the State DL or ID. Resolves the issue of needing a extra 'card' of any sort.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Exactly. And in my case until they see an actual LTCH for themselves, they dont fully comprehend that its NOT a CCW and their buddy is full of sh.... The last time I had an "intervention" and told somebody they were full of it they gave me a weird look and were very skeptical. Once I brought out the pink permission slip for inspection they started engaging and asking questions.
    I had a "discussion" with a guy I work with, who lives in Ohio. He claimed it's a CCW only, I tried to rebuff, showed him mine, told him it does not say concealed anywhere, he wouldn't listen.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I would prefer to not have it noted on my DL that I have a LTCH, if I have to provide my license for an infraction I see no reason to let the cop have any reason to believe I'm armed

Top Bottom