• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    no, he's right. it's true. (for indiana, in indiana).

Yes. In some states like TN I think state that you must have it on your person for them to honor reciprocity. But in Indiana its in the database, so as soon as the LEO runs your ID they see you have it.

Mine's in 3 layers of laminate....homeschooling families frequently have their own laminating machine.

One layer has done well for me. Not like I actually take it out and use it like a credit card. Literally the only time it comes out anymore is when I buy a new wallet or am showing idiots overheard spouting off things like "you only have to have your concealed carry license if you dont have it out in the open. thats why they call it a concealed carry license.":facepalm:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    You can get your license laminated for less then $5, can anyone make a plastic card cheaper then that?

Needmorammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Columbus
    I took mine to the ups store in columbus. They laminated it for me with a hard laminate that is the size and thickness of a plastic card for about 3 or 4 dollars. I did have to shrink the license first.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They don't call it a concealed carry license.... "License To Carry Handgun"

Exactly. And in my case until they see an actual LTCH for themselves, they dont fully comprehend that its NOT a CCW and their buddy is full of sh.... The last time I had an "intervention" and told somebody they were full of it they gave me a weird look and were very skeptical. Once I brought out the pink permission slip for inspection they started engaging and asking questions.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I wish the state would do this on their own.The paper just makes ours look phony,not to mention that it could theoretically be copied and distributed to persons who are willing to pay.

No. We do not want the state to start making the LTCH look nicer or more permanent, we want to work to get rid of the requirement for the LTCH altogether

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I the valley, Bumblebee Quick Print (Print shop) will make pink copies for .25 or so and then have you cut out the copies or the original and then laminate them for a couple bucks. I made a couple spares that I could keep in other places in case I need them.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I took mine to the ups store in columbus. They laminated it for me with a hard laminate that is the size and thickness of a plastic card for about 3 or 4 dollars. I did have to shrink the license first.
    this is actually very useful information to me. I work in Columbus so I will have to stop by and see about having this done....thank you.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    What with there not being a requirement to actually have your LTCH in your possession anymore, I would think simply taking a picture of it with your cell phone would be just as handy.

If you plan to carry out of state I'd consider many states do have the requirement for the original permit be with you at all times.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I disagree, I travel a lot. Without our state issuing a state permit, I can not carry in many of the states I travel in.

And the state could still issue one for that reason, but other than that it needs to be done away with. We have 2 separate Constitutions that say we do not need it, I agree with both

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Yes. In some states like TN I think state that you must have it on your person for them to honor reciprocity. But in Indiana its in the database, so as soon as the LEO runs your ID they see you have it.

Even in Tennessee your permit number is the same as your DL number and it pops up for LEOs just like it does in Indiana but you must still carry your permit with you. You must show it on demand even though they know you have it or face the consequences. Some will do nothing (verbal warning), some will take your weapon and/or arrest you.

The one good thing here is the TN permit is plastic (laid out like the under 21 IN IDs).

My IN LTCH is laminated and was carried in my wallet for years with no issues. As long as you do it right you should be good to go.

Top Bottom