• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well I paid for the state fee and fingerprinting through the L1 website but then it had me pick a local police office to go to to actually get printed and pay the local fee

I think one of us is confused.

I'm pretty dang sure the address and appt. you picked are for L-1 they do electronic prints and the background check for the state portion. After you do that you go to the local police station or CO Sheriff depending if your in town or not.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think one of us is confused.

I'm pretty dang sure the address and appt. you picked are for L-1 they do electronic prints and the background check for the state portion. After you do that you go to the local police station or CO Sheriff depending if your in town or not.
    Sometimes, L-1 prints are taken at the police station. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Sometimes, L-1 prints are taken at the police station. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

You are correct sir. But still after they were done they would still have to take them to the locals. even if that was just to turn 6" and smile?

edit Not all or I would bet, far from all places are as closed to being civilised as your Sheriff.htm

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    When 7th Stepper made her application, she did the online app, went to the SO, then went to a local PD that did the prints. All of her dealings were with clerks, never a sworn officer, as far as we could tell; that said, yes, our current sheriff is a pretty good guy. Had a tough act to follow with his predecessor, but I've not a cross word to say of either of them.

Blessings,
    Bill

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    When 7th Stepper made her application, she did the online app, went to the SO, then went to a local PD that did the prints. All of her dealings were with clerks, never a sworn officer, as far as we could tell; that said, yes, our current sheriff is a pretty good guy. Had a tough act to follow with his predecessor, but I've not a cross word to say of either of them.

Blessings,
    Bill

When I did my lifetime, a clerk did everything but the prints. Didn't have the choice for an L-1, I'm pretty sure we were one of the last co. to get it. But all I did was fill out the local while she called in an officer to take the prints, when I was done with the prints she pretty much had the state filled out for me. Asked a few more questions for the state, and asked me to verify and sign.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    You are correct sir. But still after they were done they would still have to take them to the locals. even if that was just to turn 6" and smile?

edit Not all or I would bet, far from all places are as closed to being civilised as your Sheriff.htm

One of the local L1 processing centers are in the local county sheriffs office in my case, so you kill two birds with one stone.

Last edited:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I've never heard of any that take cash for that. If you don't have Village Pantry, look for a 7-11 or a Circle K or some other convenience store. Some Walmarts do money orders, but I'm not sure what they charge to do them.

Good luck!

Blessings,
    Bill

Just call and ask.... it's just a bunch of speculation here, as no one knows what PD you are going to. A 30 second phone call will clear it up. My PD takes personal checks so that's what I always bring.

Top Bottom