• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    It's not so much embarrassing that it lapsed but you first go and mention it on a public forum and secondly you went and mentioned it on this forum ! :rolleyes:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    If you thought it expired in June, does that mean you were going to wait until June 13th to apply for it? Why put it off so long haha.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You know good and well that there are plenty of folks here who would have helped with the finances...

I know, but I had it budgeted for this week, and if I had not been able to afford it before it expired, I probably would have sought help.

Well, before I THOUGHT it expired :n00b:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Indeed. I occasionally OC, and was in a Speedway gas station while a LEO was in there just 3 days ago :(
    With a good lawyer and the way the renewal statute is worded - likely all you'd need is the receipt showing you renewed it and go to court a couple times!!!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Documentation for it being PRIOR to expiration??

Is there an IAG or judicial opinion, or a specific cite within the legislative intent to support your belief?

I'm not disputing your word, but the plain language of the statute doesn't convey what you are stating.

Documentation for yours? If I'm wrong, then you just can't carry for a few weeks. If you're wrong, then it's a B Misdemeanor (all the way up to a C Felony). I don't want to be the test case.

After its expired, you no longer have a valid license and therefore cannot simply "renew" it. You must apply for a new license.

Agreed. The wording is not clear, though, but I think this was the intent and I think a court would say the same thing.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    So I guess we do need LEOs to stop and check for LTCHs, we got criminals running around OCing!

Is carrying a handgun without a license considered a misdemeanor breach of peace for citizens arrest purposes??

Top Bottom