• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    SO, I am throwing my shame and stupidity out here for all to see, in hopes that I can prevent someone else from being as STUPID as I am..

I thought my LTCH expired Jun 14. It actually expired May 14.. :n00b:

Epic+Fail.png

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    So pissed at myself..

4 years ago I was new to carrying, short on money and thought "Well, i will save money and get the 4 year, in case carrying is not for me"

:facepalm:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    So pissed at myself..

4 years ago I was new to carrying, short on money and thought "Well, i will save money and get the 4 year, in case carrying is not for me"

I think it still counts as valid if you have the expired license and the receipt for the renewal... or something. :dunno:

Maybe?

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    So pissed at myself..

this is what I done as well, hopefull soon I will be able to apply for my lifetime since mine expires in September.

HotD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    N/A
    I think it still counts as valid if you have the expired license and the receipt for the renewal... or something. :dunno:

Maybe?

this is what I done as well, hopefull soon I will be able to apply for my lifetime since mine expires in September.

Note that the language doesn't state that the renewal has to be paid before the license expiration.

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Maybe?

Pretty sure you're joking, but if not, don't do this. It's not legal.

You can apply for your new license up to 365 days prior to the expiration of your current license. If you apply for the renewal within 30 days of its expiration (PRIOR to its expiration!), you can continue to carry until you get a "yes" or a "no" on your renewal. so, you can renew your license today. Right now if you want.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Note that the language doesn't state that the renewal has to be paid before the license expiration.

It is worded oddly. General consensus seems to be that it means you must apply within 30 days before expiration to carry on an expired license, but you MAY apply as early as 356 days before.

IANAL, one I wouldn't volunteer to be the test case. :twocents:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Soooo, if one has a heart attack and is clinically dead (which is different from biologically dead), but is brought back, would one have to renew the lifetime permit as one is now on ones second lifetime?

In a related note: I was once asked whether I wanted to buy the extended warranty on some tools I was buying that had a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty. I always wondered if buying it would extend my lifetime.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville

You can apply for your new license up to 365 days prior to the expiration of your current license. If you apply for the renewal within 30 days of its expiration (PRIOR to its expiration!), you can continue to carry until you get a "yes" or a "no" on your renewal. so, you can renew your license today. Right now if you want.

Documentation for it being PRIOR to expiration??

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Well crap..

HotD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    N/A

It is worded oddly. General consensus seems to be that it means you must apply within 30 days before expiration to carry on an expired license, but you MAY apply as early as 356 days before.

IANAL, one I wouldn't volunteer to be the test case. :twocents:

Is there an IAG or judicial opinion, or a specific cite within the legislative intent to support your belief?

I'm not disputing your word, but the plain language of the statute doesn't convey what you are stating.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom