• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Its been 81 days since i applied (77 days since they cashed my check) and I finally had had it, with the assistance of BloodEclipse & Roger B i called ISP's Gun Division and Firearms Licensing Section

Both Calls went identically:

Phone Rings' Woman Answers' I tell her my name and ask if i could get the status of my LTCH application, at this point She told me it took 8 weeks to process the application and if i was renewing i could use the receipt and the expired license to Carry, I Informed her i was a first time applicant and i had sent in the app on the 8th of December. The She told me it was it took 8 weeks from the day they cashed the Check, I told her that i had conformation that the check was cashed on the 12th of December.

...then she put me on hold

then She came back on and told me that my app hasn't been processed yet and to Call back in two weeks

Call Ends'

Talk about being blown off

any advice?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Call your state reps office, point out that the law only gives 'em 60 days, and ask for help?

They seem to be about 3 months back, and are processing a big bump in applications since November. I don't think they are sitting on them deliberately, I just don't think they can handle the increased workload.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    doesn't surprise me much, considering the economical and polictical climate currently. They're probably swamped with new apps.

Stay patient as you can, read alot of threads on here it helps pass time. Call them back in about a week and half and see if they've gotten closer to your batch of apps.

Bout all you can do brother...:yesway:

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    I would call your representative, tell them the problems you have had with ISP, and have them take care of it for you. They can get the ISP to crank yours out and get it to you fast, since the 60 days has come and gone.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    if you do call your Rep and they can crank it out for you please post a follow up in here. I for one would be pleasantly surprised if they can and do make that happen.

Good Luck! :yesway:

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    doesn't surprise me much, considering the economical and polictical climate currently. They're probably swamped with new apps.

Stay patient as you can, read alot of threads on here it helps pass time. Call them back in about a week and half and see if they've gotten closer to your batch of apps.

Bout all you can do brother...:yesway:

I'm tryin but the reason i'm trying to get tis sorted ASAP is its affecting my employment. I work in Private Security and i've been passed over for promotion twice now for my "inability to obtain a permit to carry". I've tried explaining my situation but our main office is out of Chicago and lets face it, they are dicks up there. The company has new contracts coming up at the begining of March that i'm slotted to move into IF i can obtain Licence.
    So although it my be fruitless i'm pretty much willing to do whatever is humanly possible to move this along.

Call your state reps office, point out that the law only gives 'em 60 days, and ask for help?

They seem to be about 3 months back, and are processing a big bump in applications since November. I don't think they are sitting on them deliberately, I just don't think they can handle the increased workload.

I think i may just try that

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    My Rep in District 29 is Kathy Richardson and for reasons beyond my understanding the general assembly saw fit to NOT include telephone numbers on its website. So I'm Stuck with the slow fun of E-mail.

Representative Richardson,

I hate to trouble your office with this but i feel like my state Representative is really the last place i have to turn. December 8, 2008 I filed and sent in my Application for my License to Carry a Handgun. I understand That there is a severe backlog, but as my multiple calls to the Indiana State Police Firearms Licensing Division have turned up fruitless and the time line for application acceptance or denial outlined in IC 35-47-2-6(a) has well past, i can honestly say I'm at a loss at what to do.

I work as a guard for a private Security Firm and have the possibility for promotion within the company as we open new contracts in March. However without my License to Carry I fear that i will be passed over due to my "Apparent inability to obtain a permit to carry".

This license to me is far more than for sporting or personal protection. It is a part of my livelihood and I feel as though my entire life has been put on hold due to the delay.

I understand that this is more than likely a common request, but is there any way that this process can be expedited?

Sincerely,
    The Meach*
    youwish@mail.net
    Hopefully I used the correct combo of "bleeding heart", "legal mumbo jumbo", and "joe the security gaurd" to get more than a passing glance as she deletes her spam

Oh well I've learned not to get my hopes up

I'll keep yall posted, I'm gonna go back to bashing my head in with a rock

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    If you want to get to the bottom of it call back and talk to Bruce, he is the man, mine was all screwed up and he got it straitened right out, very nice and to the point!

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    If you want to get to the bottom of it call back and talk to Bruce, he is the man, mine was all screwed up and he got it straitened right out, very nice and to the point!

yes and when you ask for Bruce you have to ask in a Monty Python style voice. :D

Sorry, for some reason when I saw the name BRuce it took me back to a Monty Python skit. lol

'ello Bruce!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA

Last edited:

AWGlock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This makes me wonder if the law is 60 business days or 60 calendar days. If it is 60 business day then (The Meach) may still have some time to wait with all the holidays. Anyone have clarification on this?

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    Here ya go:

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I emailed my rep at his place of private employment, he got back to me within two hours, had a status report for me the next day, and I had my permit in three days.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Got a response:

Subj.: Thank you for contacting me by email.

Thank you for contacting me by e-mail. Due to the extremely large volume of e-mail my office receives daily, we have begun sending an automatic response. However, I want to assure you, your concerns matter to me. I read all e-mail I receive from our district and I will certainly keep your comments in mind as Legislation is introduced on matters that concern our district and state.
    Again, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with me.
    Sincerely,
    Kathy Kreag Richardson
    State Representative

i know its just a auto response but she defiantly left herself one hell of an opt out on responding back to me.

From what I know don't expect much out of Kathy.

My Senator is Luke Kenley, you think he could help more?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The one thing that sticks in my memory from when I made my application in 2006 is that the entry of your name into their computer system is one of the last steps prior to issuance of the LTCH.

Good luck and let us know what you find!

Blessings,
    Bill

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Its been 81 days since i applied (77 days since they cashed my check) and I finally had had it, with the assistance of BloodEclipse & Roger B i called ISP's Gun Division and Firearms Licensing Section

Both Calls went identically:

Phone Rings' Woman Answers' I tell her my name and ask if i could get the status of my LTCH application, at this point She told me it took 8 weeks to process the application and if i was renewing i could use the receipt and the expired license to Carry, I Informed her i was a first time applicant and i had sent in the app on the 8th of December. The She told me it was it took 8 weeks from the day they cashed the Check, I told her that i had conformation that the check was cashed on the 12th of December.

...then she put me on hold

then She came back on and told me that my app hasn't been processed yet and to Call back in two weeks

Call Ends'

Talk about being blown off

any advice?

My advice: Call back in two weeks, and be polite about it.

If you are desperate advice: Remember, you don't need a LTC for a shotgun or a rifle. If you would rather carry a handgun, I do believe (but confirm with Indiana Code before proceeding) you can carry a handgun made before 1899 (?) or a replica of a handgun made before 1899 without a LTC. Just be careful to use the right ammunition (i.e. blackpowder; not smokeless) so the gun doesn't explode in your hand.:draw:

All of this is, of coarse, my unprofessional opinion.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    My advice: Call back in two weeks, and be polite about it.

If you are desperate advice: Remember, you don't need a LTC for a shotgun or a rifle. If you would rather carry a handgun, I do believe (but confirm with Indiana Code before proceeding) you can carry a handgun made before 1899 (?) or a replica of a handgun made before 1899 without a LTC. Just be careful to use the right ammunition (i.e. blackpowder; not smokeless) so the gun doesn't explode in your hand.:draw:

All of this is, of coarse, my unprofessional opinion.

I don't have the resources or the health insurance to even think about getting something pre-1899, plus it would be more of a museum piece than a carry

however you did get me thinking, what do you think would be the reaction if i just walked around with a loaded 870 on my back until they issue me my license?

Top Bottom