• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    The hunt for my subcompact 9mm is over! I've been Reading reviews, watching videos, and listening to stories for months, but today I finally got to paw some steel! Well in this case, polymer lol. I walked in, made eye contact, and asked to see 3 guns; Glock 26, Kahr CM9 and a S&W M&P Shield.

It was like the story of Goldilocks. The G26 was too fat, the Kahr was too short (and what's up with that tang on the front of the mag?!), and the Shield was just right. The single stack design felt great. With the extended mag plate, it felt natural. I immediately put it on layaway, and can't wait to bring her home. The best part? I paid normal, retail price. :D

Now to go find a nice, lefty IWB holster, and some extra mags.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Oh it will see plenty of range and carry time. I've got a few hundred rounds set aside just for breaking it in. I probably could have bought it straight out today, but the ability to make payments on a gun makes my wallet AND my wife happy.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    The hunt for my subcompact 9mm is over! I've been Reading reviews, watching videos, and listening to stories for months, but today I finally got to paw some steel! Well in this case, polymer lol. I walked in, made eye contact, and asked to see 3 guns; Glock 26, Kahr CM9 and a S&W M&P Shield.

It was like the story of Goldilocks. The G26 was too fat, the Kahr was too short (and what's up with that tang on the front of the mag?!), and the Shield was just right. The single stack design felt great. With the extended mag plate, it felt natural. I immediately put it on layaway, and can't wait to bring her home. The best part? I paid normal, retail price. :D

Consider a DM Bullard Dual Carry. I can't say enough good things about this holster.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

If you like leather holsters...check out both El Paso Saddlery. They make OUTSTANDING leather products. My OWB holster is currently an El Paso Crosshair with one of their belts. I can wear it all day with no issues (MP 9mm 5" Pro). And I too, am a lefty. Their summer cruiser looks like a great holster for IWB. And I am VERY curious to try out the Ultra cover.....to wear a shirt tucked in while carrying.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks for the input on holsters guys, I've definitely got some new options. I was thinking Raven at first, but those leather offerings look rather comfy.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    If you don't mind how much did you pay for it???? I find that Blythes is usually 50 bucks higher than anyone else.

Example, I wanted a PF9 and couldn't wait, they wanted 350 for it, but chewed them down to 325 plus tax(which was still to high) anyways couple days later went to another store and they had 4 sitting there for 275 (all day price). Next time shop around other LGS.

Do you mind the manual safety on your shield?

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute

Until he takes his own pics :D

180021_01_md.jpg

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    If you don't mind how much did you pay for it???? I find that Blythes is usually 50 bucks higher than anyone else.

Example, I wanted a PF9 and couldn't wait, they wanted 350 for it, but chewed them down to 325 plus tax(which was still to high) anyways couple days later went to another store and they had 4 sitting there for 275 (all day price). Next time shop around other LGS.

Do you mind the manual safety on your shield?

I paid $440 plus tax for mine. I don't think I could find a Shield for less than that. Wasn't Gander Mountain was asking $600 for theirs? They're averaging around $500 on GB and Armslist, I think I got a pretty good deal.

From the 5 minutes of handling it, I didn't mind the safety. It will take practice to remember to sweep the thumb down on it when I draw, but I don't mind it's presence.

As for your PF9 experience, I can't say Blythe's always has the lowest prices, but I will say I've seen a few good deals there. There's a used Glock 26 on the wall right now for around $400 IIRC. You ain't gonna find that very often.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom