• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    You are right, people need to get a clue. Just because you are selling something doe NOT mean you are going to take any offer that comes along. Nor does it mean that you have to sell the item. I've got one of my properties listed for sale. Asking price is $2.35 million. One guy came in with an offer of $1.6 million. He was upset that I would not even return his call. He came back at $1.8 million a couple weeks later. I still wouldn't return his calls, he can go screw himself. Personally I think it is simply insulting to make low ball offers and I think its insulting to get them. Ignore the jerks.

$2.35 million dollar property and not a site supporter.....:rolleyes:

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    Sometimes I wonder why people ask retail new prices for used.
    If you are into any hobby you know where to buy.
    I for one hardly ever pay retail for anything I buy, and try to keep myself informed of prices new used & otherwise.
    I sometimes laugh at prices people put on thier sale items.
    If someone does not put a price on something I figure they don't want to sell it anyway and I will not ask what thier price is or I will lowball them.
    I do business with some amish and they have a process. they ask what work you do and then figure what they think you are able to pay by your job description, some will just ask what you make and make thier prices accordingly.
    Why low ball? because you can, and most ask too much for thier products.

I know for a fact every thing I own is worth 25% more than the going price cuz it's mine LOL

As my Dad used to say everything is for sale except the ole lady & I'll give her away

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    i know what you mean about lowball offers. ive had a 300 and a 325 offer on my pre war m1 garand

$355.01 and that's my next-to-final offer.
    $360.00 Final offer...going once, going twice...SOLD!!!! :rockwoot: I'll be there tomorrow to pick it up. :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: And to the rest of you guys that ran the price up...

Frankie20sticking20her20tongue20out.jpg

In reality...whatever you have for sale...the highest offer you receive is exactly what it's worth at that given moment. Now whether or not you choose to sell it for that may be a different story. If you don't like the offer...say no or ignore it...it's pretty simple. Stroking out over it isn't worth it. IMO

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    low ball offers come and go,if you dont like them just delete them and dont respond to the PM.some times on here some of the prices are a joke and low ball offers are called for.just my 2 cents

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    low ball offers come and go,if you dont like them just delete them and dont respond to the PM.some times on here some of the prices are a joke and low ball offers are called for.just my 2 cents
    :+1: Why should I pay $X for a used anything when I can go buy a new one cheaper?

If you bought an AK-47 or an AR-15 a year ago...you're not going to get out of it what you paid for it. Prices are down. You might want to hang on to it until the next democrat is elected POTUS. Which hopefully will be a long time.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    For what it's worth take another look at this. Let's say you have an item worth $350 new and realistically in its current condition might fetch $240 to $275. So you, the seller, asks $280. Heck, let's say you ask $275 cause you know that's a fair price. Now, I the buyer come along and have a look. I saw one go last week for $260-270 so I know you price isn't too far out of line. If I just got to have one then I say sure and buy it. Now if I know that I'll run across another, or better yet I know where I can buy one for the same price than I would be silly to just pay your asking. So, I could offer the bottom at $240, but hay let's see how far the bottom can really go, beside if I offer $250 I expect you to haggle back and say no but perhaps you'll take $255. No, I don't offer $240, I offer $225 or 230. Now you can get mad and cry low ball offer or you can play the game. Counter back with no, but I'll take $245 or 250. It's just the way the game is played, if you don't want to play state that your price are firm, or expect the haggling to begin. Also, as rule of thumb, I expect a discount for buying bulk. Buying 5 like guns from one person is bulk to me. Also, You're selling Glocks. Not that I'm bashing Glocks, but it's not exactly rare. Sure it's good quality and it's name brand, but if you don't except my "low ball offer" I'm ok I have plenty of other opportunities.
    Not telling you how to fee or think. Just giving you my two cents from a buyers perspective. And others have said, It doesn't take much to say nope and keep on moving.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    scutter i thought auctions were against ingo
    rules :rules::mods:. .

i really dont get pissed i just delete the pm and move on. i just thought those where good lowball exmples

My offer of $650 still stands and beats out these jokers ;)

But then again, as I said, I didn't want to insult ya'. I'm lookin' for a shooter, and the one you have is priced actually a bit below what I'd expect to pay for one in that condition. I've seen them around $1500 in that condition, if they're all correct.

Might go ahead and build a bolt gun (or buy one) instead and hold off on the M1 Garand and/or Carbine, but dang that's a nice one.

If I didn't need the P3AT as well, I'd be scooping yours up man!

But I'm off topic.

Lowballing will happen. I do it all the time to a gunshop owner who notoriously highballs. We come out somewhere in the neighborhood of what the gun or whatever item it may be is actually worth! :rockwoot:

Josh <><

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    My offer of $650 still stands and beats out these jokers ;)

But then again, as I said, I didn't want to insult ya'. I'm lookin' for a shooter, and the one you have is priced actually a bit below what I'd expect to pay for one in that condition. I've seen them around $1500 in that condition, if they're all correct.

Might go ahead and build a bolt gun (or buy one) instead and hold off on the M1 Garand and/or Carbine, but dang that's a nice one.

If I didn't need the P3AT as well, I'd be scooping yours up man!

But I'm off topic.

Lowballing will happen. I do it all the time to a gunshop owner who notoriously highballs. We come out somewhere in the neighborhood of what the gun or whatever item it may be is actually worth! :rockwoot:

Josh <><

Wow I was going to offer the same amount, but then saw that it was a blue sky import. Not that there is anything wrong with them but dont want one.As far as low ball offers I have reacted differnt ways to different offers. I have even been know to break a item and throw it in the trash infront of said offer when it been stupid low.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    i think the highballers are funnier than the lowballers. people that want $500 plus for sks' that are completely beat to hell.i mean come on i know some people are proud of their stuff but doesnt mean you can automatically add $300 on top of what its really worth.when people want crazy amounts of money for things that arent worth it you will have lowballers.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    +1

i think the highballers are funnier than the lowballers. people that want $500 plus for sks' that are completely beat to hell.i mean come on i know some people are proud of their stuff but doesnt mean you can automatically add $300 on top of what its really worth.when people want crazy amounts of money for things that arent worth it you will have lowballers.
    you hit that nail square on the head.heck after seeing some of the prices on here i might list my 92fs for $999 with no mags.lol

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    There is plenty of things in life to get upset about other than a lowball offer. Just say "no thanks" and move on. Becoming the jerk that you perceive the other party to be is even worse.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    10 years ago a lady had a house for sale. She was asking $80,000 for it. I told her I'd give her $40,000 for it. She called me every name in the book. I said ma'am, what's the lowest you'd take for it. She said $45,000. I said sold. LOL Goes to show, you never know what's on anyones mind.

Top Bottom