• ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    64   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    How? They did not change the import law until 86.
    late 70's early 80's mainly were bring backs and other rifles like mausers 7mm and 8mm then in the 80's started getting the egyptian ak's and the sks and other ak's, about the same time target clearance out all there firearms, and bought rifles and shotguns really cheap, marlins, remington brands and others.

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Are cheap ARs like cheap GI magazines that I paid $3 a piece for that no one wanted because they weren't Pmags?
    I did sell quite a few after Sandy Hook for $25 each. Guess I was wrong for buy them. I believe if a person has the disposal income to buy a few cheap ARs that in time, he will get his money back plus a tidy profit.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    He asked about reselling. You're going to make more with a high end ar than garbage tier 500 dollar gun. That's a fact. Buy 3 trash rifles as an investment or buy a kac upper for similar price. The kac uppers sell the day after the drop for 3k the bca psa loses value immediately.
    Well, y'all are free to discuss buying guns with the intent to resell for profit without an FFL all you want, but the only investment that I consider when buying a gun is whether it fulfills a need or not.

Still, if one needs to sell, doubling your money during a panic is doable with a budget rifle like an M&P Sport II, PSA or Diamondback. Not so much with a $3k upper, I'm betting.

If you're a collector, fine. That's a whole other world. Are AR's collectable, heck, I don't even know? But I'd submit that anyone that spends $3k on an AR upper because he thinks it's necessary to have a servicable rifle is..well...I'll be nice.

But hey, you get to call everyone else's equipment "garbage," so you've got that going for you. Although I'd probably expect a Gucci plate carrier to go with the upper, so I could cosplay in style.

:rolleyes: :):

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Well, y'all are free to discuss buying guns with the intent to resell for profit without an FFL all you want, but the only investment that I consider when buying a gun is whether it fulfills a need or not.

Still, if one needs to sell, doubling your money during a panic is doable with a budget rifle like an M&P Sport II, PSA or Diamondback. Not so much with a $3k upper, I'm betting.

If you're a collector, fine. That's a whole other world. Are AR's collectable, heck, I don't even know? But I'd submit that anyone that spends $3k on an AR upper because he thinks it's necessary to have a servicable rifle is..well...I'll be nice.

But hey, you get to call everyone else's equipment "garbage," so you've got that going for you. Although I'd probably expect a Gucci plate carrier to go with the upper, so I could cosplay in style.

Not only like, I give this a BIG +1

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

Those uppers are 1776.76 brand new. They resell the next day for 3k.

Top Bottom