• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    OP you described me except for the the good lookin (im ugly as sin:):) and in school part. Dont let it get to you someone will come around when you least expect it. Its been awhile since i have had a GF and i dont care and i dont go looking for one i figure if we just be ourselves someone will come along and be worth our time. Stay positive

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    If you try really hard it'll just be miserable for both parties. I can thank one of me ex's for one thing, after dating her I knew exactly what I DIDN'T want. Just relax and you'll cross paths with a woman that's perfect for you. I was in your shoes 5 years ago, then I met Emily. We've been together 5 years.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    A long time ago, I was in your shoes. Was 27 years old at the time. Had been in-and-out of a couple of lousy relationships. Finally quit looking and was ok with being single for the rest of my life. Then, I met my a really nice girl while holding the door open for her, at an ATM machine. We talked that night and realized we had been attending the same church. Starting hanging out and became best friends. Got married 18 months later. Been together now for 25 years.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Start treating women like ****. They love it! Seriously they do, but don't really do it. Nice girls like bad boys, then after they get used and abused and have 5 kids and divorced they want to find a nice guy to take care of them and their spawn.
    One day when your not looking the perfect girl for you will pop up. Until then taste all the flavors! When you meet THE ONE stay faithfull, communicate always,Good luck!

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is the instant gratification society. As soon as there is the slightest adversity people today will look to greener pastures. People bounce from relationship to relationship on a whim. Finding someone who isn't that way and who is willing to take the good with the bad is like finding the proverbial needle. I wish you the best of luck but my experience hasn't turned out quite like some of the other posters. I do agree that women today seem to gravitate towards semi-abusive relationships where they get treated very poorly. Treat them well and they seem to get bored and go in search of drama. Sometimes it's just better to accept that being alone isn't the end of the world.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Start treating women like ****. They love it! Seriously they do, but don't really do it. Nice girls like bad boys, then after they get used and abused

Wow.

That's a pretty sweeping gender generalization. If any guy ever used/abused me and treated me like ****, the LAST thing I would do is gravitate toward more time with him.
    Don't misunderstand... I do know some women like that, but I know a LOT more who aren't!

Rule #1; Don't be an A-hole.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    All I know is that if you treat them like a queen they take you for granted and run all over you. All I can speak from is personal experience.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Dude, all of my wife's friends kept telling her there were no good guys left until she and I started dating. (Then they knew they were right :):) It's no crime to be alone, and there's no shame in waiting for the right one to come along. There are some damned fine ladies still out there and you'll probably not find them in any of the usual 'meat market' places. Stop trying to find her, you'll find each other.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hey INGO...

Been kind of down in the dumps lately, seems like honest women are becoming harder and harder to find. Just thinking about it today, how nice it would be to have someone, and not be so dang lonely all the time. I'm young, not many friends, don't really drink, not bad looking, in school, I work, good heart, but yet I can't meet anyone worth while. I get told a lot I grew up in the wrong generation as most of my friends are 10+ years older then I am. Do other members have this problem or is it just me?

I don't know much...

But I know enough to know that having a girlfriend/fiance/wife won't alleviate many of those issues.

If you try to "fix" yourself with a woman - you may just be putting a bandaid on the real underlying issue.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Sorry birds away, too many look for fun and appearance, instead of good character traits. They don't have parents or society telling them what traits lend themselves to a lasting relationship. So poor youthful choices does not mean "the good ones are taken". I know several "good ones" now in their late twenties. The party society has overlooked them.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Sorry birds away, too many look for fun and appearance, instead of good character traits. They don't have parents or society telling them what traits lend themselves to a lasting relationship. So poor youthful choices does not mean "the good ones are taken". I know several "good ones" now in their late twenties. The party society has overlooked them.

Those are children to me. It's sad to see that.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I was in the same boat with the born in the wrong generation. You sound just like my situation used to be but I eventually did find someone, and we have been together for 10 years now. She is 11 years older than me and I am glad every day that I found someone older with my personality type.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Age/looks/social status is all irrelevant.
    Stop looking and start living. Just be free to yourself and when you least expect it she will be standing next to you.
    Dance like no-one is looking....sing like no one can hear you and do not "expect" anything.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Age/looks/social status is all irrelevant.
    Stop looking and start living. Just be free to yourself and when you least expect it she will be standing next to you.
    Dance like no-one is looking....sing like no one can hear you and do not "expect" anything.

This is true. I expect nothing and am rarely disappointed.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I'm at 2 out of 3 finding cheaters online, be careful man. I started out looking for ones without kids but I'm changing that.

Top Bottom