• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I've heard a lot of good things about Mr. Awerbuck the past few years and if I had the time off I'd try to make it this year. But there is always next!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I want to do the Carbine Instructor class, but it's the first week of the fall semester. Even if I can find someone to subsitute for me, I'll lose all of my pay for that week, which would make the class cost me tuition PLUS a week's pay lost. ARGH!

What to do! What to do!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Deal! It will probably be lectures for Physics I and Physics II, plus a lecture and a couple of labs for Physical Science.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For you guys who are doing pistol classes:

If you carry a second (or third) gun, or wish to do so in the future, bring it with you to your class. You will get instruction on when and how to deploy to your second gun, and Louis will also help you with any specific problems or questions you have.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That might work out - I haven't had a physical for a year or so. :thumbsup:

Wait until the students line-up and tell you to bend over and . . . it won't be the girls.

Louis may never teach again with me & JMB in the shotgun class. His only hope for maintaining sanity would be to put us in separate relays

Dude ... Louis can tolerate our compact comrade from Tennessee, John C., and me at the same time and has for several years. He can clearly tolerate anything or anyone.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    For you guys who are doing pistol classes:

If you carry a second (or third) gun, or wish to do so in the future, bring it with you to your class. You will get instruction on when and how to deploy to your second gun, and Louis will also help you with any specific problems or questions you have.

And if there aren't enough of you with BUGs, he may not do that part. We only had two of us with BUGs in my last pistol class with him (Stage 2, two years ago), so he didn't do any BUG work.
    So if you are even thinking about carrying a BUG- bring it and make sure he's aware of it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm going to have to find a way to make that class too. If it were one week earlier, or a F-Sa-Su, I could do it with no problems. I'm going to see if someone can substitute for me that week, but it's going to be tough since the likely candidate will be instructing the lab sections for my physics lectures those days/nights, and he can't be in two places at once.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Do you plan on teaching carbine courses, rhino?

Yes, sir.

I've done some short lessons individually and for small groups, and it's time to formalize things a bit.

Another reason why I like to take instructor's classes is because it's a really good way to learn how to solve your own problems. The YFA "problem solver" class is one of the best classes I've ever had. It serves the dual purpose of helping individual students with whatever their specific issues are, while at the same time teach instructors how to help their own students with the same or similar problems. When Louis asked who was in the class as a student with problems and who were there as an instructor, I did not hesitate to say I was there as a student who needed some "fixin'," but I was also gathering ideas and techniques for helping others down the road.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Sorry to further hijack this thread.

Have you worked out an average daily fee for courses?

Top Bottom