• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My son and I have had time with our neighbors. We work with them to stay alert and watch out for each other. If I am gone and a strange car is around my place I get a phone call from at least one of them. There are a few retired folks and they are nosy and I love them for it.

We respond to their fears when something goes bump in the night. More than once it has been a real issue....most times just fears.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    crime around here has went up 10 fold with the opening of the north end of I69(i'm 10 miles from it).......a friend that is a sheriff said that he works more breakin's on this end of the county than in the last 15 years.......90% he catch's are not from Greene county........i have someone at least once a week come up my drive(over 600ft long) thinking it's a county road....i have no trespassing and i don't call 911 signs at the end of the drive!!!!!......when i confront them i ask them if they can read!!!!!......most i catch up here say they just wanted to know what was up here!!!!.......none of them are from Greene county!!!.......i think most are casing the place out to come back later but when i meet them with a 1911 on my hip or a rifle on my Gator they think twice about coming back!!!....i moved down here 20 years ago to get away from **** like this and here it comes!!!!!

Last edited:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"

Didn't Jesus say that?​

I've mined both my front and back yards and since I'm retired, I sit in a blind near my porch with a shotgun just waiting..waiting...*

Come see me*

* address upon request :ingo:
    ** am available for hire. HGWT & LTCH
    thoughts and prayers to the family

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    crime around here has went up 10 fold with the opening of the north end of I69(i'm 10 miles from it).......a friend that is a sheriff said that he works more breakin's on this end of the county than in the last 15 years.......90% he catch's are not from Greene county........i have someone at least once a week come up my drive(over 600ft long) thinking it's a county road....i have no trespassing and i don't call 911 signs and the end of the drive!!!!!......when i confront them i ask them if they can read!!!!!......most i catch up here say they just wanted to know what was up here!!!!.......none of them are from Greene county!!!.......i think most are casing the place out to come back later but when i meet them with a 1911 on my hip or a rifle on my Gator they think twice about coming back!!!....i moved down here 20 years ago to get away from **** like this and here it comes!!!!!

You and I have spoken of this....bus lines and interstates....A$$ heads have no boundary's when they can steal a car....Zombies are relagated to the distance they can wonder and then it is a bus to greener pastures to steal a car to come down by you. There is no escape.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    You and I have spoken of this....bus lines and interstates....A$$ heads have no boundary's when they can steal a car....Zombies are relagated to the distance they can wonder and then it is a bus to greener pastures to steal a car to come down by you. There is no escape.

your right there is no escape!!!!!.....even with over 20 acres of ground i'm still trap in from the a%% hats!!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    your right there is no escape!!!!!.....even with over 20 acres of ground i'm still trap in from the a%% hats!!!!

If we could escape we would have but here we are and here we will stay. We have the Zombies at bay for the most part but there is a group of teens wondering around trying to make their mark in the area. They just about made it Sat. night when they messed with my son at the corner package store. They are to stupid not to see when someone is armed or just do not care. I fear it is the latter.

Stay safe out there Glitch. Lets do some range time when you are up this way...:):

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    If we could escape we would have but here we are and here we will stay. We have the Zombies at bay for the most part but there is a group of teens wondering around trying to make their mark in the area. They just about made it Sat. night when they messed with my son at the corner package store. They are to stupid not to see when someone is armed or just do not care. I fear it is the latter.

Stay safe out there Glitch. Lets do some range time when you are up this way...:):

we will have to someday!!.....when i get my house done and my range done you'll have to come down too......when 69 is done it wouldn't take you a hour or so to get here:):(

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Don't open your doors unless you know who's there. Watch out for these sales
    scams which have been used to check who's home and when. Even if you hollar through the door or have a dog that barks its a start. Open Garage doors are bad. It's like leaving a pot of gold out for thieves and also entry into your home if its a connected garage. Good lighting around your house and well trimmed shrubbery as to not allow a person to hide In them especially around windows. Also if you buy a new big screen tv or computer and other expensive goods don't throw away the boxes out on the curb where people can see them. Also empty ammo boxes because thieves love guns too. As members of the self defense gun community we must not get complacent. We can learn and get ideas together and shut these scum bags down!
    also watch out for suspicious yard crews or maintenance crews in your area. If it seems off call the cops to come check it out.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I hope they continue to catch these people or gang members who are invading these homes and lock them up for a very long time or they catch some lead. It would be nice to also find out more about why they end up choosing these homes or was it something like a random home the criminals end up picking to rob. Some of these idiots have even posted pictures of themselves on facebook along with the things they have stolen before to brag about it. Like this guy Brandon Saloane robbing a bank https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...003911.-2207520000.1383604844.&type=3&theater

I would feel safe in saying that someone like the thug on the facebook post will be read about in the obituary's at some point in the near future. Unreal!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WE have the steel security doors instead of standard screen doors. It would take a car and a chain to drag them off of the house. Not to worried about being invaded. Windows are soft points for burglary.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have set everything from TV's to washers and dryers on the curb. Usually hear breaks before we get back up to the house. We set our old stove out when we replaced it. We were half way to the street and a fella pushing a lawn mower asked if he could have it.,...He came back with a grocery cart, picked up a full size stove by himself and rolled it home......I am still amazed.

Scrapers for the most part are low lifes and not to be trusted. I have had a lot of experience with them over the years as we do HVAC and usually have a lot of copper.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    This is why I have a guard dog that will chew their a$$ up if they break into my house. I also never answer the door unless I'm locked/loaded. I know things can happen quickly and catch you off guard but I'd like to think I'm fairly well prepared for this scenario.

Top Bottom