• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Has anyone else noticed there has been an abnormally high amount of taurus hate lately? I dont own any, but have in the past and it wasn't that bad. Anyways, did something happen that has caused it? I keep seeing posts on Armslist about not buying taurus guns because they're junk.

So you start a thread to get a little Taurus love.:):

I had two that were junk, nuff for me.

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    i have a pt92 and absolutely love it, i rarely find any fault in taurus pistols. But i guess i am just not a handgun snob, if it is cheap and works well, i may just buy it.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    So you start a thread to get a little Taurus love.:):

I had two that were junk, nuff for me.

Nah, honestly I could care less. Like I said I don't own one at the moment. Just saw a ton of posts in the last few days and wondered if an incident I hadn't heard about triggered it.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Has anyone else noticed there has been an abnormally high amount of taurus hate lately? I dont own any, but have in the past and it wasn't that bad. Anyways, did something happen that has caused it? I keep seeing posts on Armslist about not buying taurus guns because they're junk.

ARMSLIST - For Sale: taurus.....whatever.

there has always been a lot of Taurus hate. I've owned several and never had issues with any of them other than my 709 is a little picky with ammo.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    If I owned one of the small framed .357 revolvers...I might hesitate to run hundreds of rounds of full power loads through it. I have owned many Taurus products, some were fine some performed below my expectations. Reliability has never been an issue.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    We got our Taurus from a couple of different wholesalers.
    And over a couple year span I worked there.
    Various models of revolver and auto.

With production methods/scheduling...............that means bad ones were made not at just one time.

Lot of lemons, from different trees, over a couple of growing seasons, different types of lemons too.

Yeah, must be a statistical anomaly. Believe that if you want.

Sratch16

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I owned a M85. Nice little pistol. Went bang every time the trigger was pulled. The front sight was a little off, but for the ranges it would have been used at, I wouldn't have had to use it.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    All I've had from them is a Raging Bull in .44 mag for deer. No problems, and the lightest recoil (thanks to a full lug and nice factory grips) of the big .44s. Fun gun, good shooter, and accurate.

JimboCX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I played with my PT111 G2 yesterday at the range and it was great. The guy who I shot with was quite surprised with the feel and how it shot. He thought I made a very good purchase.

Ademus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2013
    Greenfield
    Has anybody carried the poly public defender before? How easy is it to conceal? I've seen some of the some of the holsters...and they don't seem that easy to conceal.

Top Bottom