• ...and so much more!
  • 12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Walked into a shop today on my way home from work to see if I could leave some money there. The Chiappa M92 style .22lr caught my eye as I have one of the 1911 versions. It was priced at what I thought was a fair price and I thought if it felt good I would buy it. I stood in front of the counter for at least 10 minutes and nobody helped me. Then as I am standing there a couple walks in someone asks them if they can help them. They say they are looking for a .22, he brings them over and starts showing them one. Even steps in front of me to grab a protector for the glass top and never once asks me if he could show me something. I stand there for another 5 minutes or so thinking he would ask if he could show me something, but it never happened. So after 15-20 minutes of lingering around the Chiappa and never getting to hold it I leave. I try not to rant or complain too much, and I don't frequent LDS's that much, but when I do go in I usually make sure I have plenty of cash so I don't regret getting what I feel is a good deal. This shop is/can be on my way home from work, but it will be awhile before I go back in there again. Sorry had to get this off my chest.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I'm assuming that you don't have a beard, didn't wear a camo/flannel shirt, and haven't spent $10,000+ there this year. It seems that if you aren't doing those things that I listed, you're basically invisible in most gun stores these days. I can't get a salesmen to even look at me when I go into a LGS the past few times. Maybe it's because I dont exude "gun guy".

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Walked into a shop today on my way home from work to see if I could leave some money there. The Chiappa M92 style .22lr caught my eye as I have one of the 1911 versions. It was priced at what I thought was a fair price and I thought if it felt good I would buy it. I stood in front of the counter for at least 10 minutes and nobody helped me. Then as I am standing there a couple walks in someone asks them if they can help them. They say they are looking for a .22, he brings them over and starts showing them one. Even steps in front of me to grab a protector for the glass top and never once asks me if he could show me something. I stand there for another 5 minutes or so thinking he would ask if he could show me something, but it never happened. So after 15-20 minutes of lingering around the Chiappa and never getting to hold it I leave. I try not to rant or complain too much, and I don't frequent LDS's that much, but when I do go in I usually make sure I have plenty of cash so I don't regret getting what I feel is a good deal. This shop is/can be on my way home from work, but it will be awhile before I go back in there again. Sorry had to get this off my chest.

Sounds like a shop on the far east side.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Weird. Come to Seymour. The local shops here will take your money. While you are at it stop and have lunch. I promise you I have never seen a no guns allowed sign in Jackson County.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Did you consider trying to get someone's attention? I've found that, "hello" and "excuse me, could you show me that (insert gun here)?" seem to work well for me.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    If I'm in a restaurant and the waiter doesn't see me, he'll hear me when I ask for his attention. Or his manager will.

Sometimes you just need to speak up.

Or....on the other hand, if they asked you if you needed anything when you came in the front door and you said "I'm just looking around"...perhaps you created the condition to which you were subjected?

Sorry it didn't work out for ya, but speak up next time. Squeeky wheels get the grease.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I agree op should have said something but after 20 minutes the salesman should have figured it out. When I want a persons money I go to them and try to get it.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Ah, When I want something I usually try to be vocal about it, avoiding looking like a window shopper.

LOTS of window shoppers in the gun world. It's really not that hard to say "excuse me sir"

Sick of people expecting clerks to be mind readers...Since they offered help to the couple, this one seems to be on you.

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    Seems he was waiting for an acknowledgement from the salesman, maybe the guy looked busy. I've found that some gun shops for whatever reason sometimes require a more aggressive approach on my end.

Ninja1310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    LOTS of window shoppers in the gun world. It's really not that hard to say "excuse me sir"

Sick of people expecting clerks to be mind readers...Since they offered help to the couple, this one seems to be on you.

Why is it the couple were offered help and not OP? I have no problem speaking up when this stuff happens to me but it still doesn't change that it was improper customer service.

Top Bottom