• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The Loon-in-chief says to not expect any help if he manages to bait Iran or Al-Queda into nuking your butt. He's basically pulled everyone's pants down, kicked them in the rear and said, "your on your own." Welcome to change you could believe in. The Democrats are pre-emptively excusing themselves for bungling the safety of the country and inviting an attack. Thanks for nothing Barry.

Nuclear blast victims would have to wait

By Steve Sternberg, USA TODAY
    The White House has warned state and local governments not to expect a "significant federal response" at the scene of a terrorist nuclear attack for 24 to 72 hours after the blast, according to a planning guide.
    President Obama told delegates from 47 nations at the Nuclear Security Summit on Tuesday that it would be a "catastrophe for the world" if al-Qaeda or another terrorist group got a nuclear device, because so many lives would be lost and it would be so hard to mitigate damage from the blast.
    A 10-kiloton nuclear explosion would level buildings within half a mile of ground zero, generate 900-mph winds, bathe the landscape with radiation and produce a plume of fallout that would drift for hundreds of miles, the guide says. It was posted on the Internet and sent to local officials.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-04-13-nuke-summit_N.htm
    The document is designed to help local officials craft plans for responding to a nuclear blast. The prospect is anything but far-fetched, says Rick Nelson of the Center for Strategic and International Studies. "Do I think in my lifetime I'll see the detonation of a nuclear device? I do."
    One challenge he says, will be to persuade survivors to stay indoors, shielded from dangerous radiation until they're given the all-clear or told to evacuate. "In all likelihood, families will be separated," he says. "It's going to be scary to sit tight, though it's the right thing to do."
    The government's planning scenarios envision a terrorist strike in an urban area with a 10-kiloton device, slightly smaller than the roughly 15-kiloton Hiroshima bomb. A 10-kiloton device packs the punch of 10,000 tons of TNT.
    The chaos that would inevitably follow such a blast would make it difficult for the federal government to react quickly. "Emergency response is principally a local function," the document says, though "federal assistance will be mobilized as rapidly as possible."
    The "Planning Guidance for Response to a Nuclear Detonation" was developed by a task force headed by the White House Homeland Security Council. It was circulated to state and local government officials and first responders in January 2009.
    The report has never been formally released to the public, White House spokesman Nick Shapiro says.
    It offers practical guidance to first responders and advice on radiation measurement and decontamination.
    Disaster experts say local governments aren't prepared for a nuclear attack. "There isn't a single American city, in my estimation, that has sufficient plans for a nuclear terrorist event," says Irwin Redlener of Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health.
    The message for families is simple, he says: Stay put. Wait for instructions. If you've been outside, dust off, change, shower. "What citizens need to know fits on a wallet-sized card," Redlener says. "A limited amount of information would save tens of thousands of people."

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I know you're favorite past time is looking for reasons to hate Obama, but you're reaching pretty hard on this one.

The report was released in January 2009. Obama didn't even take office till Jan 20, 2009. Beyond that, the report was developed by a task force headed by the White House Homeland Security Council (under Bush)... that was already in motion long before Obama was ever in office.

Don't you think that the 24-72hr wait after a nuclear attack is because of contamination and radiation in the area? Na, you're right. It's because Obama is so bad at his job that he wants people to suffer for a few days after an attack.

Given Bush's response time to Katrina, you'd think 24-72hrs is standard policy.

Your post title, "Loon-in-Chief says your on your own if nuked," is very misleading and self-serving.

Nice try.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think it's funny that disaster relief is the responsibility of the local government when we are attacked with a NUCLEAR bomb but yet it is bush's responsibilty for a hurricane.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    72 hours is the standard that FEMA has been telling local resources to be prepared to operate on their own in the over two decades I've been involved in emergency services. Nothing new here.

Each and every citizen should be prepared to supply the essentials for themselves for at least 72 hours, even at work. Personally I feel that several months is a better standard for home. The more helpless the sheep are during disasters the more leverage the government will have to dictate what they do "for their own good."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would be willing to wait an extra day for relief if he is nuking the snot out of everyone that helped in the planning or execution of the attack, for some reason I doubt that would be the reason for the delay.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    ahh, the good old double standard.

Double standard? It's amazing how disasters hit Indiana and hands were held out to the Federal government. Although in Indiana it wasn't a situation where a great number of lives were lost, the fed still came to assist. Who would have expected the state of Louisiana to be able to handle the amount of devastation produced by Katrina? You are right about the double standard, though.

Last edited:

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    I would be willing to wait an extra day for relief if he is nuking the snot out of everyone that helped in the planning or execution of the attack, for some reason I doubt that would be the reason for the delay.
    Once the polls were consulted, the trial balloons were released, and the past voting record of the area affected was consulted- the response would be almost immediate. That's standard political operating procedure, and a good reason for the federal government to stay out of it in the first place.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    The tank does sound like a good option! I would love to have one but it is a little cost prohibitive! last one I saw was a rebuilt 1980's Danish unit and had a price tag of $89,000 !! and then we have the ammo and we all know that finding that at Wal-Mart is hard as well!!!!! :D

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    Double standard? It's amazing how disasters hit Indiana and hands were held out to the Federal government. Although in Indiana it wasn't a situation where a great number of lives were lost, the fed still came to assist. Who would have expected the state of Louisiana to be able to handle the amount of devastation produced by Katrina? You are right about the double standard, though.

:rolleyes: Indiana also did not blame the FEDS, nor did they say Bush or even Barack hate white people when SHTF. The biggest difference? N.O. had an evacuation notice that little to no one headed, but your right, what double standard?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I know you're favorite past time is looking for reasons to hate Obama, but you're reaching pretty hard on this one.

The report was released in January 2009. Obama didn't even take office till Jan 20, 2009. Beyond that, the report was developed by a task force headed by the White House Homeland Security Council (under Bush)... that was already in motion long before Obama was ever in office.

Don't you think that the 24-72hr wait after a nuclear attack is because of contamination and radiation in the area? Na, you're right. It's because Obama is so bad at his job that he wants people to suffer for a few days after an attack.

Given Bush's response time to Katrina, you'd think 24-72hrs is standard policy.

Your post title, "Loon-in-Chief says your on your own if nuked," is very misleading and self-serving.

Nice try.

Can it possibly sink into your smugness that a person can look at this President, listen to his words, watch his actions, and determine that he is terrible for the country? I'm not asking you to think he's terrible for the country, I'm asking you to understand that others are not deranged. Bush was relentlessly and ruthlessly attacked at least as hard as Obama has been.

I don't have a knee-jerk reaction to this guy, I've listened and watched, and he is against everything I believe in and I disagree with his philosophy and his actions.

His nuclear policy, is, IMO, loony. I agree with the OP. That's a considered opinion, not knee-jerk.

BTW, the supposed slow Bush response to Katrina is pure myth.

sporty_live

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Can it possibly sink into your smugness that a person can look at this President, listen to his words, watch his actions, and determine that he is terrible for the country? I'm not asking you to think he's terrible for the country, I'm asking you to understand that others are not deranged. Bush was relentlessly and ruthlessly attacked at least as hard as Obama has been.

I don't have a knee-jerk reaction to this guy, I've listened and watched, and he is against everything I believe in and I disagree with his philosophy and his actions.

His nuclear policy, is, IMO, loony. I agree with the OP. That's a considered opinion, not knee-jerk.

BTW, the supposed slow Bush response to Katrina is pure myth.

I am backing Designer99 on this. Not sure why his response warrants a reference to "smugness" when that was clearly the intent by CarmelHP in the original post? Open your eyes and read the title and body of the post. Obama is stating what previous Commanders-In-Chief have said, backed by a report created during the Bush administration.

You mention "listen to his words, watch his actions"??? Do you really want to debate 8 years of PROVEN ineptness vs. the first year and a half of a presidency?

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    I am backing Designer99 on this. Not sure why his response warrants a reference to "smugness" when that was clearly the intent by CarmelHP in the original post? Open your eyes and read the title and body of the post. Obama is stating what previous Commanders-In-Chief have said, backed by a report created during the Bush administration.

You mention "listen to his words, watch his actions"??? Do you really want to debate 8 years of PROVEN ineptness vs. the first year and a half of a presidency?

Yet the same values you propose are enough to pigeonhole another? What is good for the goose is good for the gander is dross's point.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i have full faith that the government under this adminisration would come to my aid!! they already gave me healthcare, and wanna give me everything else too. im waiting for my own government azz wipper to come knock on my door daily to scrub my bum for free. oh wait never mind, i just remembered, its not free!! my taxes went up so every bum and illegal imigrant is getting it free cause im paying for his!!!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I would be surprised to see any water or food trucks in under 14 days. Period.

Top Bottom