• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know you're favorite past time is looking for reasons to hate Obama, but you're reaching pretty hard on this one.

The report was released in January 2009. Obama didn't even take office till Jan 20, 2009. Beyond that, the report was developed by a task force headed by the White House Homeland Security Council (under Bush)... that was already in motion long before Obama was ever in office.

Don't you think that the 24-72hr wait after a nuclear attack is because of contamination and radiation in the area? Na, you're right. It's because Obama is so bad at his job that he wants people to suffer for a few days after an attack.

Given Bush's response time to Katrina, you'd think 24-72hrs is standard policy.

Your post title, "Loon-in-Chief says your on your own if nuked," is very misleading and self-serving.

Nice try.
    I don't like BO either, but (as far as the stuff in red) I think this guy has stated the obvious on this thread...:yesway:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    :+1:Designer99

Also, Bush was hammered for a lot of things that he "should" have done but at the same time the facts did get twisted some on what really happened in Katrina. All that the Obama camp is saying from what I read is that you should be prepared for 72hrs on your own. FEMA has been saying that for quite a while and before he was ever elected so twisting the numbers to be anti-Obama is the same as the Dems twisting some of the Katrina facts against Bush.

We all need some level of preparation for ourselves and our family so that we can make it through the first few days until we can get to safety or help does arrive.

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    This 24 to 72 Hr. thing is nothing new. In the 80s and 90s First responders fire fighters Emt's were told that you were on your own in the event of a major incident. Prepare and plan for the worst. Hope and pray for the best.

langb29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Indy Westside
    I know you're favorite past time is looking for reasons to hate Obama, but you're reaching pretty hard on this one.

The report was released in January 2009. Obama didn't even take office till Jan 20, 2009. Beyond that, the report was developed by a task force headed by the White House Homeland Security Council (under Bush)... that was already in motion long before Obama was ever in office.

Don't you think that the 24-72hr wait after a nuclear attack is because of contamination and radiation in the area? Na, you're right. It's because Obama is so bad at his job that he wants people to suffer for a few days after an attack.

Your post title, "Loon-in-Chief says your on your own if nuked," is very misleading and self-serving.

Nice try.

+1

Agreed 100%, but you'd make a lot more friends here if you searched relentlessly to find the one POTUS "Hatorade" fictional garbage that hasn't been posted yet.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Would your expectations have been any different 2 years ago? Mine wouldn't. We're screwed no matter who is driving the truck.

Yup.

We had a tornado come thru Evansville/Newburg a few years back. The citizens of these 2 fine cities were on site that day helping out. We shut our shop down and helped the city repair gas and water leaks to get the neighborhoods back online. By the time FEMA got here, everything was done.
    Just some paperwork for home loans.
    We also built a habitat for humanity sub division for people who lost their homes to buy.
    Moral of the story?
    You better have your own :poop: together cause no one else will do it for you.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Yup.

We had a tornado come thru Evansville/Newburg a few years back. The citizens of these 2 fine cities were on site that day helping out. We shut our shop down and helped the city repair gas and water leaks to get the neighborhoods back online. By the time FEMA got here, everything was done.
    Just some paperwork for home loans.
    We also built a habitat for humanity sub division for people who lost their homes to buy.
    Moral of the story?
    You better have your own :poop: together cause no one else will do it for you.
    :+1: I'm all for disliking Obama. He's bad for the country and bad for all the things I believe in. But I won't forget that the bottom fell out of the value of my home and my pension while GW was in office. Bush has personally cost me several tens of thousands of dollars.

Politicians...I don't like any of them. The party they are affiliated with doesn't matter to me. The folks that singularly blame Obama for the mess this country is in have a short memory...or suffer from blind allegiance. I don't...neither does my wallet.

Geoge+W_+Bush+Miss+me+Yet.jpg

I sure as hell don't. It's just SSDD.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Guess if were on our own a quick refresher.

Cover all vents in your house with damp cloths, cover your body and leave no open cuts, cover all windows with damp towels. Get away from windows, if you're aware of the blast when it detonates breathe out to equalize your internal body pressure.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    :+1: I'm all for disliking Obama. He's bad for the country and bad for all the things I believe in. But I won't forget that the bottom fell out of the value of my home and my pension while GW was in office. Bush has personally cost me several tens of thousands of dollars.

Politicians...I don't like any of them. The party they are affiliated with doesn't matter to me. The folks that singularly blame Obama for the mess this country is in have a short memory. I don't...neither does my wallet.

Yup. Nobody is for the "working man" anymore. My 401K took a beating as well. It will take years for it to be worth what it was. I was lucky on my savings.....had all of it in CD's.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I love it when somebody tries to blame somebody for all the wrongs in the world but people are clear headed enough to realize its the whole system thats the problem.

All of us as citizens need to be able to take care of our families and help neighbors in disasters and not wait on an agency a thousand miles away to come to the rescue. Personally, it makes you feel better to see posts like the ones on this thread where people know they will help themselves rather than become a victim of the system.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I doubt it matters who is in the oval office. If there is a nuclear strike in the United States, everything will be thrown into chaos. Death and destruction will be significant, nothing can undo that, and responders will do the best they can with what they have.

Many of us carry handguns because we really don't expect LEOs to show up in time to protect us from immediate threat. I expect them to show up in time to hang toe tags and collect evidence. Why would we expect the Federal government to show up and save our bacon after a nuclear attack? Both are unrealistic, in my opinion.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    My deep, adoring love for The Kenyan is well known, but in this case, they are actually being semi-realistic. I think they are downright optimistic in their "three day" assessement, though. One small nuke, help might get there that quickly. But if/when our enemies get their hands on some nukes, I would be extremely surprised if they popped only one. One would be bad, but it's just a big bang and wouldn't create the widespread chaos they'd be hoping for. Plenty of fear from just one, of course, but they know it would be enough to cause us to pick a country and cause it to glow for centuries. All the tolerance for the Islam would evaporate along with however many city blocks... and maybe Mecca shortly thereafter. But pop several, the chaos would be widespread, and folks may well be on their own for weeks.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Sorry, this thread is about Obama's incompetence, not Bush. Bush isn't President anymore and never said he's leave us open to attack without massive retaliation. Obama has.

sporty_live

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Sorry, this thread is about Obama's incompetence, not Bush. Bush isn't President anymore and never said he's leave us open to attack without massive retaliation. Obama has.

You may have started the thread as a weak attempt to question Obama's incompetence but it seems that you have been proven wrong. Your intention was to blast his 24-72 hour response period which has been discussed and proven to have been in place prior to his taking office.

As it is, you are left as the only person still arguing the merit of your initial post. Move on and find another issue, maybe try and tie Obama into hiding Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Last edited:

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    The amount of resources Indiana has is much better than most states. Marion County itself has so much ready to go that it is not even funny. We have been blessed with people that actually think ahead and spend wisely.

New Orleans was 100% their City government. Their idiot mayor killed that city and those people. In my humble opinion he should be on trial for murder.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The amount of resources Indiana has is much better than most states. Marion County itself has so much ready to go that it is not even funny...

However much you think Indianapolis has, it's not enough. Study up on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. No first responder is going to help with that. First responders have to be in physcial health to respond. It's not like they're all sitting in bunkers waiting on the alarm to go off. Their equipment has to have not been vaporized. If you're talking nuclear strike, there will be too much destruction, too much need, and too little help. Face it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom