• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    If they reverse the decision I see a lot of people jumping on the lawsuit bandwagen because they gave up their bump stocks. Wonder if that will have a play on the reversal?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I might see a reversal.
    But I really can't imagine anyone paying.

It's not so much the paying as tying the courts up trying to get the money.

I could see late night TV commercials asking if you lost your bumpstock because of the illegal grab that was overturned. Saying things like "You lost part of your freedom for a short time, you should sue. Join more than XX people in this attempt to get a class action suit against the wrong doers."

I think that would be absurd. Hated seeing them go away. Happy if they come back. Mostly happy because it will be a reminder to follow the rules.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Justice Gorsuch on the Bump Stock Ban Denial of Cert in GUEDES v. BATFE

https://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2020/03/justice-gorsuch-on-bump-stock-ban.html

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/19-296_8n59.pdf

Chevron’s application in this case may be doubtful forother reasons too. The agency used to tell everyone thatbump stocks don’t qualify as “machineguns.” Now it saysthe opposite. The law hasn’t changed, only an agency’s interpretation of it. And these days it sometimes seems agencies change their statutory interpretations almost as oftenas elections change administrations. How, in all this, canordinary citizens be expected to keep up

Further, other courts ofappeals are actively considering challenges to the same regulation. Before deciding whether to weigh in, we wouldbenefit from hearing their considered judgments—provided, of course, that they are not afflicted with the sameproblems. But waiting should not be mistaken for lack ofconcern.

[h=3]Chevron deference (doctrine) - Ballotpedia[/h]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Oh, so good.

THREE D chess the Trump administration will ensure that accessories will not be banned.

Sent with a belly laugh for the TDS crowd!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh, so good.

THREE D chess the Trump administration will ensure that accessories will not be banned.

Sent with a belly laugh for the TDS crowd!

I do believe this was done expecting this outcome, that was better than the Paul Ryan never Trumper wing passing a law in cahoots with dems...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I don't believe that the president really expected the ATF to come up with a different result the third time.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I don't believe that the president really expected the ATF to come up with a different result the third time.

So you would have preferred the Paul Ryan house create a bill with help from the dems?

That was the ONLY other option I was aware of?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I think that Trump expected the ATF to tripple down on their original stance.

Top Bottom