• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yes, 90 days from final publication, which is today.

Of course, there will almost certainly be court orders blocking the implementation/enforcement.

Well, there are several lawsuits filed, or pending filing, and at least two of them I know for sure ask for an injunction on enforcement until the cases are settled, which I have a hard time believing a court would have grounds to refuse.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So now does anyone who owned a bump stock previously get hunted down and arrested?

No.

Think of it like speeding.

Everyone with a bumpstock right now is speeding. They haven't been caught yet. If an officer who is interested in catching speeders finds them speeding, they will probably get pulled over and ticketed.

Except in this case, the "ticket" is a federal felony for having an unregistered firearm.

Oh, and the law is technically "on the books" (to use a colloquial expression) but can't be enforced until March 26, and a judge will almost certainly tell the federal government not to enforce it until the litigation is resolved. So it won't be enforceable for a very long time. Years, if ever.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Only those who are of the loud boisterous NeverNRA crowd. ;)

NeverTrumper and NeverNra-er?... Could be the same people? :chillout:

"Nevertrump" is a lazy tribal label, does not exist anymore.

You might be surprised at how you feel about them... compared to how they feel about you. Guessing both groups think the other is outright dumb.

Honey_and_Vinegar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    "Nevertrump" is a lazy tribal label, does not exist anymore.

You might be surprised at how you feel about them...

When you say "does not exist," do you mean the label? Or do you mean the people who claim they never supported Trump?

I hold no animosity toward people who dislike Trump, or toward people who dislike the NRA. I just hold animosity toward people who wish to restrict our freedoms.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    When you say "does not exist," do you mean the label? Or do you mean the people who claim they never supported Trump?

I hold no animosity toward people who dislike Trump, or toward people who dislike the NRA. I just hold animosity toward people who wish to restrict our freedoms.
    It isn't "never supported", it is will fight anything he does, good or bad.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It isn't "never supported", it is will fight anything he does, good or bad.

So is this a universal thing, or maybe... just maybe, someone can have literally never supported his candidacy but support those things that make sense as POTUS while fighting the bazillion more things that he does that don't make sense?

Asking for a friend.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You are what you post. Hard to hide from that. ;)

I'm ok with that. :) Partly because it works both ways. ;)

Some of us understand that with every post, others not so much.

Maybe the TDS has some side effects? That blinding thing mentioned elsewhere?

HXtyt9i.gif

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Speaking of blindness, especially in this thread, can Trump still be considered pro-2A?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Doubt it, jury's still out.

First though, one must consider the source of the question. Is it really about 2A or is it coming from a TDS standpoint?

Some TDS sufferers have openly stated that they'd happily throw gun owners under the bus to rid themselves of the much hated Trump.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So is this a universal thing, or maybe... just maybe, someone can have literally never supported his candidacy but support those things that make sense as POTUS while fighting the bazillion more things that he does that don't make sense?

Asking for a friend.
    Well, I don't see you as a NeverTrumper, but I am not one of his followers. I kind of fall into the category of what you query.

Top Bottom