• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Syracuse, In
    Stick with the Glock

Personally I'd stick with the Glock reliability! I carry a Glock 27 subcompact .40 or 23 mid size .40 depending on attire.

You can reconfigure the Glocks to differnt calibers too by changing a few parts reducing your overall investment.

I daily carry the 27 in a smartcarry holster completely concealed.

When traveling driving I use the 23 in a cross draw belt holster as it can be drawn easily while seated.

Everyone has their preference. I initially carried a Stainless S&W .45ACP hard to conceal and heavy.

Then a Colt .380 Government model easy to conceal and light. Not much on stopping power and it had a tendecy to jam in temperatures below 30 degrees.

I settled on .40 Cal for stopping power and sold my other handuns so I only need to buy one size ammunition.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Wow! You have an excellent idea with the M&P 45c, and all you get is "buy my (insert my gun) suggestions" in return. I will 2nd your choice of the M&P 45c.

The M&P line has racked up over 370+ LE department procurement wins since 2006, as well as other high-profile government wins. This has put a huge dent in Glock LE sales, but hasn't really hurt Springfield as I can't remember ever seeing them win a single LE department contract.

You cannot go wrong with the M&P 45c. It is an excellent pistol with a lifetime warranty, and in our current economy you may want to take this into mind... The M&P is American made!:patriot:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking.. 6+1 is better than most revolvers of the same size, and you're getting a pretty stand-up handgun, IMO..

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Of course not if your looking outside the Glock family. :D
    If you just have to have another gun (and who doesn't) maybe look at another G 9mm. :cheers:

I am thinking about getting a G17 for range use and suppressor host, and making my G19 my primary carry gun.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I recommend any fine 9mm for summer carry and a the trusted and proven 45 ACP for winter carry. Always consider the clothes you may have to shoot through with the caliber as well as the bullitt. Remember hollow points work similiar to round nose on heavy winter clothing.

Any caliber hollow point may not do what you want once it goes through coats, sweatshits and shirts before it get to the meat of the matter. That is why I recomment two different carry firearms my friend.

Besides hiding shop lifted items that is why some bad guys wear heavy bulky clothes all year round. Others do it because of the gang, gangster look and want to mimic their idols. I am sure you have seen many examples of what I am talking about.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    I recommend any fine 9mm for summer carry and a the trusted and proven 45 ACP for winter carry. Always consider the clothes you may have to shoot through with the caliber as well as the bullitt. Remember hollow points work similiar to round nose on heavy winter clothing.

Any caliber hollow point may not do what you want once it goes through coats, sweatshits and shirts before it get to the meat of the matter. That is why I recomment two different carry firearms my friend.

Besides hiding shop lifted items that is why some bad guys wear heavy bulky clothes all year round. Others do it because of the gang, gangster look and want to mimic their idols. I am sure you have seen many examples of what I am talking about.

Those are good points. That's why I was thinking about the M&P45 compact in .45. Would be nice to have a bigger caliber. Just don't know about the 8+1 capacity. I know its better than a revolver, which a lot of people carry. Its just hard to compare it to my 15+1 G19.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo

You have got to be kidding Me a 1911 is not an upgrade from a Glock :n00b:
    Glocks are fine weapons ( I own 2 ) but for accuracy and knockdown power ( 45 acp )and asthetic value I will go with a 1911 anyday
    I have a Kimber ultra carry I have carried and shot for years with not the 1 st hiccup FTF FTE no problems what so ever right out of the box

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I am in the market for a new carry gun. Currently use a Glock 19. Would like something about the same size, but considering moving to .45 ACP.

Did I miss someone recommending the G30SF in this thread? It's about as close to being the same size as a G19 in .45acp as any pistol I know of and would maintain the same manual of arms and grip angle that you've become familiar with using your G19.

G19 - L 6.85", H 5.00", W 1.18"
    G30SF - L 6.77", H 4.76", W 1.27"

Last edited:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I am actually leaning towards this more and more. Anything I compare to my G19 just doesnt seem as good.

I agree, more rounds, faster back on target.

with the saved money buy a load of ammo, or a press to make your own, or take a fighting pistol class.

You already have a fine tool.

Now if you want a 45 just cause you feel you should have one, there is nothing wrong that, go for it.

Top Bottom