Looking for metal recyclers to get rid of brass.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Where are they at?
    Address on web page

canebreaker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    Dang, granddaughter is sick. Sent text to both sons. They have to be at work between 3 and 4 pm. Asked my skinny neighbor, she might, must be home at 3 pm when kids get of bus.
    AC isn't working in the GMC, I plan to bring it for more load. Guess the 2 season air will be working as well as it can.
    Radiation and Kemo will start soon. I want something to keep me busy when I can do the sorting instead of sitting around doing nothing when I half way feel good.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Dang, granddaughter is sick. Sent text to both sons. They have to be at work between 3 and 4 pm. Asked my skinny neighbor, she might, must be home at 3 pm when kids get of bus.
    AC isn't working in the GMC, I plan to bring it for more load. Guess the 2 season air will be working as well as it can.
    Radiation and Kemo will start soon. I want something to keep me busy when I can do the sorting instead of sitting around doing nothing when I half way feel good.
    OK, I'll be there either way sir.. Hopefully you can make it work. Thanks for the update.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Sad to say our meeting is off, can't get a driver today. Maybe next Friday I can get a load of casings.
    I got back about an hour ago. Please Jimmy dont sweat it. I spent about an hour talking to Ben one the range officers at the 100 yd range.

I will say that Winchester and the State of Mississippi have done very well building that facility. What a great place to have.
    I will bring things to shoot next time I'm down here. I'll let you know before I roll down from Indiana.
    Guys this place is just as nice as it could be. Rifle out to 300 yds. Covered benches.

You might want to take a bit of time to let the brass buckets on the rifle ranges fill back up.
    I broke a pretty good sweat loading up myself before I left. Damn, its F'ing hot and humid here.

Mcivor Range

Last edited:

canebreaker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    Dang Creed, I was going to hit the long range first. Most likely I'd find 303 Brit, 444 Mar and sellable brass there. Will have to look at the short lanes for what's good. Lots of 223/556 steel there.
    On my first visit they were working on getting the grass to grow. Ben said take all the casings you want since we can't find a buyer.
    I asked the kids about next Friday, not a reply yet. The nurse called, Be at Southaven West Clinic 8/8 at 1 pm for kemo so next Friday is out. That will keep me out of things for a while. Texted the neighbor about her husband going with me tomorrow, no reply yet. Will have to remove some of the building supplies from the backseat if the son wants to go. The dad has a 22 rifle.
    I found a sand blasting cabinet at Senatobia for $50 on marketplace, comes with grit in the cabinet and 2 new bags. Gloves, motor switch and nozzle will need replaced. I planned to pick up on way home today. Sent him a message about this ordeal. Said he'd hold it for a week for me.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Dang Creed, I was going to hit the long range first. Most likely I'd find 303 Brit, 444 Mar and sellable brass there. Will have to look at the short lanes for what's good. Lots of 223/556 steel there.
    On my first visit they were working on getting the grass to grow. Ben said take all the casings you want since we can't find a buyer.
    I asked the kids about next Friday, not a reply yet. The nurse called, Be at Southaven West Clinic 8/8 at 1 pm for kemo so next Friday is out. That will keep me out of things for a while. Texted the neighbor about her husband going with me tomorrow, no reply yet. Will have to remove some of the building supplies from the backseat if the son wants to go. The dad has a 22 rifle.
    I found a sand blasting cabinet at Senatobia for $50 on marketplace, comes with grit in the cabinet and 2 new bags. Gloves, motor switch and nozzle will need replaced. I planned to pick up on way home today. Sent him a message about this ordeal. Said he'd hold it for a week for me.
    Looks like most of what I dumped into my buckets was 30 carbine, 223, 308, 06, 54R, 300 BO and 6.5 creedmoor. I didn't get any pistol brass or off the 300 range. Probably still a bucket left on the 100 yd line. I was shocked that no one working there picks it up just to sell..

canebreaker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    It's lot different there than at Stones River in Nashville, TN. Some said we were to Strick with our rules. Pistol shot for 15 minutes, rifle for 20. Cold line was called. All guns breached open, unloaded and an inspection by officer before the gate was opened. You could check or change your target and pick up all your casings. Concrete between the bench and 5 yard target line in pistol and 5 yards in rifle. After everyone was back from the target area and all casings picked up the lanes were called hot again. If someone didn't pick up their casings we'd wait. If you collected your own brass, bring your own container. Yellow buckets were at each lane for brass. White buckets for steel and aluminum casings. Made our job sorting easier. Brooms and dust pans were at every other lane. Most of the officers work Saturdays. Jobs kept them from working Friday and some spent family time on Sunday. Sometimes the line was long wanting shoot on Saturday for 1 1/2 hours for $6. Friday and Sunday didn't have a crowd and longer time shooting. I worked Friday and Sunday. Pay was a great lunch, snacks and drinks for free. The state paid us 40 cents per mile to and from home. Mine was a 29 mile round trip.

canebreaker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    We went to the Sardis gun range today. Creed, they remember you from yesterday. Antoney was the safety office for the day on all 3 lanes. I asked what he made, $18.65 per hour. Dang, granddaughter wished we lived closer.
    I had a good hard workout, something I've missed the last few weeks. Collected 25 buckets of casings, let the sorting began. Half a bucket loaded into truck and placed where I wanted them, filled each bucket with the next load. 5 buckets per load on my 2 wheeler. Hope there's some 444Mar and 303Brit in there. Filled a 1 1/2 gallon bucket with 410-2 1/2 and 3 " plastic hulls. Didn't see any brass hulls.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    We went to the Sardis gun range today. Creed, they remember you from yesterday. Antoney was the safety office for the day on all 3 lanes. I asked what he made, $18.65 per hour. Dang, granddaughter wished we lived closer.
    I had a good hard workout, something I've missed the last few weeks. Collected 25 buckets of casings, let the sorting began. Half a bucket loaded into truck and placed where I wanted them, filled each bucket with the next load. 5 buckets per load on my 2 wheeler. Hope there's some 444Mar and 303Brit in there. Filled a 1 1/2 gallon bucket with 410-2 1/2 and 3 " plastic hulls. Didn't see any brass hulls.
    Holy cow. That's a bunch. Good sorting..

canebreaker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    It's a great facility, best that I've been to in the state. I think it was built to fast without thinking about drainage, it pretty much level. I would start at the berms, remove sod and grade a slop to the sidewalk, expose a few inches on the side of the concrete lanes. Get rid of the gravel. Install culverts under the sidewalk and parking lot. Replace sod. Pipe or culvert out as far as needed instead of a ditch for drainage. Install walls on the south side of lanes, they can be a couple feet above concrete. Install a few fans would help too. I'll take a box fan and extension cord with me on our next visit.
    Like I said it was a great workout and I needed it. I got hot, stinky and wet. I can feel it today.
    Not wanting to hear my wife B---- about the trip or my driving we told her we went shopping/looking/walking. Where did y'all go? Horn lake walmart, Horn Lake Kroger, Horn Lake Interstate Kroger, Target, Home Depot, Southaven walmart and Southaven Sportsman's Warehouse. What did you buy? You a carton of smokes. We left home at 11:40 am and back home at 6:30 pm for the 91.8 round trip.
    The guy with the sand blaster said he'd hold it a week for me. My granddaughter checked my messages when we neared Senatobia. It's gone. I burnt his ears off last night when I got on the computer.

drumsscott

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carmel
    OP unload the brass here on INGO and work with fellow INGOERs.
    Absolutely, I only want to work with INGOERs. Aszerigan was great to work with on unloading my shooting brass and actually is helping me unload my collection. If it wasn’t for this group I’d still be looking for answers.

Top Bottom