• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    Hey INGO! I am asking for a favor. My wife is looking to get a LTCH and carry gun. She has shot and likes the G26 but would like to try the M&P Shield in 9mm as well. We are located in Huntington County, is there anyone in the area who would let her try it out? If you have one, what have been your impressions of it so far? Thanks!

:ingo:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I have a shield in 9mm I really like it. it is definitely a 5 to 7 yard pistol. recoil is very manageable. The trigger is a little heavy for my liking. I will be putting an apex trigger in mine when they come out and I get the chance.

I am not close to Huntington County so no help there. Sorry.

lobowind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    West of Indy
    She has shot and likes the G26 but would like to try the M&P Shield in 9mm as well. We are located in Huntington County, is there anyone in the area who would let her try it out?

:ingo:

I had hoped to find a Shield to rent to help me make my handgun decision, but I didn't have any luck. Hopefully someone here lives close to you.

Good luck!

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I have a shield in 9mm I really like it. it is definitely a 5 to 7 yard pistol. recoil is very manageable. The trigger is a little heavy for my liking. I will be putting an apex trigger in mine when they come out and I get the chance.

I am not close to Huntington County so no help there. Sorry.

Haven't tried one yet since they are outrageously hard to find, but I bet I could hit a steel silhouette at 100 yards with one outfitted with big dots.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    My Lady loves her Shield. We can flat out tear up a paper plate at seven yards. My groupings are consistently in the four inch/mag range. I (and therefore she as I introduced her to shooting) have always owned/shot revolvers and I am still getting used to the "boing" of the striker fired auto.

gajones06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    I had one and didn't like the trigger on it. The way the bottom half hinges may he flinch causing my to be off target by a few inches. I ended up selling it and going back to my glock 26.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I had one and didn't like the trigger on it. The way the bottom half hinges may he flinch causing my to be off target by a few inches. I ended up selling it and going back to my glock 26.

I find that at seven yards, I am shooting consistently 2-3 inches to the left. I am not moving the sights just yet because I truly believe that it is the way I am shooting the gun and not the way the gun is shooting. I think I am pushing the gun with my index finger as I bend the finger to pull the trigger.

After I take up the slack in the trigger, I like the break. I am working on controlling the springiness of the striker and the trigger push...

nikolai

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    if anyone is around the elkhart in mid-west gun exchange has one to rent in their gun range it $10 to rent if that helps anyone

Top Bottom