• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    i think a heaver full size gun would be a start like sp101 that's a stout little revolver, or a big service pistol like a sig 226, hi power, glock, a cz82 or a Markov(380 version) might be the ticket but find a place that will let you try guns before you buy one. oh a bersa thunder would also a great choice 380 and steel no recoil( in my hands at least). oh and welcome to the community:welcome: this is great site that i have joined recently as well, if you have a question this is the place to ask.:yesway:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am new to guns. I purchased a Ruger LCR 38 special but when at the firing range realized it was too much gun for me. Have since sold it. I would like to meet someone who has a 380 or 22 magnum revolver who would meet me at a firing range close/near Fort Wayne who would let me test fire these guns before I try to buy/find another gun. I lost $100 on the last transaction and don't want to keep losing $ but need to find a revolver for personal protection I am comfortable with.

The caliber isn't too much gun for you, that fact that the revolver is too small is the problem. Little pocket snubbies are NOTORIOUSLY bad about recoil. My daughter LOVES shooting my S&W model 66 with .357 mag rounds.......yet she hates shooting my 9mm. Reason? RECOIL. A heavier framed revolver will have far less recoil than a lightweight snub nosed one.

I would recommend you shoot some .38 special revolvers that are a little bigger. Applied Ballistics in Lafayette rents out a number of different ones.

Top Bottom