Tauras slim

Glock 26

Kahr PM9 Pistol Review

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I carry the Keltec PF9 and it performs excellently.....and I dread every day taking it to the range. It's not a plinker. It's a great gun for carrying 7 round of 9mm in the smallest, slimmest, lightest package on the market and using them when you need to.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    +1 for PM9. Like any gun you've gotta try several and see what feels right for you. I had a PF9 for awhile. It worked well, but the grip bit me too much and I just didn't care for the trigger. I've been carrying the PM9 in my front pocket now for about a year. Lots of rounds thru it and no problems. There are smaller 9s for the pocket but I have no problem with this one.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Another vote for the Taurus PT-709. Mine has well over 1000 rounds through it basically trouble free - a dozen types of FMJ and JHP with no issues. My daily carry and I have no concerns about its performance in a bad situation.

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    i have a 709 and love it, but you have to get used to the long trigger pull.

also, it's not really small enough to be a pocket gun (except cargo pockets)

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Stay away from the Skyy. Go with the Kel-Tec in my opinion. Kel -Tec is a better pistol, and superior customer service.
    The Taurus 709 Slim, maybe an even better choice. LGS is having success with every
    709 they have sold.
    My 2 cents.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    When I started the search for a concealed carry 9mm, I had pretty much decided on a PF-9. Ordered one, and waited - and waited, and waited. At the point I ordered, they were tough to come by. I had handled a couple of them, and liked the way they felt - but I had not shot one. I heard about the 709, and happened to be in my LGS when they got some in - while still waiting for the PF-9. I liked the way if felt, it had a manual safety, second strike trigger - both pluses for me. Decided to buy it, and canceled the PF-9 order. As I said, I have well over 1000 rounds through the 709, and it is not too bad to shoot a box of ammo during a range visit. About two weeks ago, my brother bought a PF-9, and he visited yesterday - time for a comparo between the 709 and the PF-9 at the range. I shot 5 rounds of FMJ through the PF-9 and put it down - that thing is brutal!! My 709 is a dream to shoot in comparison. I was concerned about whether I had made the right choice when I canceled the PF-9 order. Yesterday I confirmed without any doubt whatsoever that I made the right choice. YMMV, but for me there is absolutely no comparison between the PF-9 and the 709.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    :)Baggy cargo pants and a Glock 19 work for me. 16 rds of powerful 9mm , legendary reliability .Price.. Indy In. area= less then $500.00 what more could you ask? Oooooh I know...... a 33rd. magazine back-up!!:):

Last edited:

Nemick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Fishers
    Personally, I carry a Kahr P9. For me, it's just about the perfect gun. It has no conventional safeties, so that might be an issue for some. For me, it isn't.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I carry the Keltec PF9 and it performs excellently.....and I dread every day taking it to the range. It's not a plinker. It's a great gun for carrying 7 round of 9mm in the smallest, slimmest, lightest package on the market and using them when you need to.
    Same goes for the P11. I try to only shoot about 50-60 rounds through mine a month just to stay fresh. It's definitely worth it and always fires when you pull the trigger but it's defnitely not an everyday shooter. Might be a little big for a pocket gun unless you have baggier pants but it'll work.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    May 1&2 in Crown Pointe,In is having a gun show at the Lake County Fair Grounds, attend it and look for the tables from Z-X guns fron Elkhart. Shawn is the owner and has the pistols (Ket-Tec & Sccy) you are looking for, good prices and many types to choose from, good luck.

red91vert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Westside Indy
    If you shoot a PF9 much I highly recommend throwing on a Hogue Jr. Handall, takes alot of the bite out. First couple hundred rounds through mine were brutal, now with the hogue it is much more tolerable to do extended shooting practice.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    For something inexpensive I would say a Kel Tec P11 or a PF9 if you want single stack.
    If you have a bigger budget...then I would say Kahr MK9 or PM9 if you prefer polymer. Or if you have the money a Rohrbaugh R9. :D

lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.
    Have to go with pf9 here, great pocket carry 9. Had one for a while, but just not a pocket carry guy. Probably end up with another if the opportunity presents itself

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    Glock 19, big..yes. 16 rounds of powerful 9mm...yes. Heavy..some what. I have carried it in my pocket for about ten years. no problems. It has fired 5,000 rds. No failures. Would I stake my life on it? YES! I hope I never have to use it in fight. But....... Jerry

Top Bottom