Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    25_21221045_04_10.jpg

25_21221045_05_10.jpg

25_21221045_06_10.jpg
    balcony rail don't look In code ta me in'a pic,dude.......38" high,an'a 4" ball should'n be able ta pass thru anywhere b'tween the ballusters.....looks like 6" b'tween the 1st an' 2nd 1,ta me........:dunno: (pic.....left ta right......)

Not bad look'n place........kind'a chinced on'a windows tho,huh?......:):
    (drywall wrap,no jambliners or casing........)

floors look perty good,tho......:yesway: (wood/tile)

Blue stuff ya see'n.......I'll say a water-proofer/insulater on'a basement walls.......they use ta tar'em years ago......

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know who built it to be honest. How would I find out and what's wrong with the builder you mentioned?

It's been a while...but there are sites out there where the counties/municipalities make their databases for real estate accessible to the public. If your county is one of them, they'll typically provide information on who owned the house, how much they paid, who it got transferred to, etc. My links are out if date. Maybe somebody will post up current ones...or you could try googling XXX county real estate records (or some such).

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    25_21221045_19_10.jpg

25_21221045_20_10.jpg

Pictures don't do it justice. The siding looks terrible in the pictures but in person it doesn't look bad at all. Lots of stuff not pictured like the basement, laundry room, etc.
    For sure. The pics aren't showing up.

Camby, heh. We're just getting thick here.

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yeah, they're not on that site anymore they pulled that particular listing down so the images went poof.

I'll upload some new ones [from my own server] later :).

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Mike,
    Guy should have cut the anchor bolt off but didn't. Angle grinder will do the trick and patch it as others have stated. The insulation is on the outside of the house not really for the insulation value (although it will help), but really to protect the waterproofing from being scraped off the basement wall when they were backfilling the walls with dirt. Usually they would cover the top by a couple inches so you don't see the protection board though. :twocents:

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I live in Heartland Crossing, I have no real complaints. It is VERY convenient to have so many stores so close.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Home inspection went well, waiting on the radon test which we should hear back about tomorrow.

Couple of minor things for the seller to fix - but nothing I can see them saying no to. Even if they do - the cost to fix won't be a deterring factor for us.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Home inspection went well, waiting on the radon test which we should hear back about tomorrow.

Couple of minor things for the seller to fix - but nothing I can see them saying no to. Even if they do - the cost to fix won't be a deterring factor for us.

Congrats on the new place! Welcome to the neighborhood.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    In my opinion it was left like that after construction was finished. If I had to guess, it probably got hit by something since then. Possibly a lawn mower. Depending on where it is, it might have been used to tie in a possible patio or deck. I would cut it off with a torch or sawzall and patch the area with hydraulic cement. The hydraulic cement will be waterproof and a better fix in my opinion. It shouldn't cost much to do. I would guess a couple hundred bucks or so. Best of luck with the house hunting.

Top Bottom