• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    yeah thats the major drawback is it has to be "anchored" somewhere namely house, car, etc. so I can't take it bugging out or camping unless its my backyard. but for a house light it would be great. but then again if the power goes out how are you going to recharge it?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    In your car.

what if its like a tornado or blizzard or some other reason you can't get to your car? my car isn't around if I'm camping or bugging out. I guess for me it has limited range and that is a drawback that despite its perks doesn't make it as useful and utilitarian as battery operated lights.:twocents:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I guess for me it has limited range and that is a drawback that despite its perks doesn't make it as useful and utilitarian as battery operated lights.:twocents:

Like anything, some things work best for certain roles. Like CountryBoy19 said, this would make an excellent light for home or officer use, but less ideal for situations like camping or bugging out.

If one DID have normal access to the charge station (like at home or in a police car), this would be one sweet light that would cost you $160 for the rest of your career.

I'm still amazed that technology like this exists, especially when you consider what was available just a few years ago.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    According the information in the above videos, a full charge will "leak" down to nothing after about 30 days.
    Is that all the data they give? Capacitors normally leak down similar to the "half-life" of certain molecules and radioactive substances (tritium night-sights for example). So if it leaks to near zero in 30 days, I bet its less than half charge after a week. Might even be less than half charge after a day. It is really hard to tell the leak-down rate with them telling us it is zero after 30 days.

Top Bottom