• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    West Side
    I tried searching for 30minutes or so, however I cannot find a straight answer to if there is a 400-500yrd range near me. I live in Hendricks county, and would like to drive less than 2 hours. I have been a member at Martinsville Conservation club for years now, however our rifle range is only 125yds. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance

Brandan

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Google Bass and Bucks in Wabash. There range is out to 850yds or 750. It's a nice place a lot nicer than the website makes it look.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Unless you are an NRA Range Safety Officer, Hillside's range is only open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and then only if a Range Safety Officer is on duty, which is not always the case.

It is a bit expensive: $250 per year, or $50 membership and $10 daily fee, or $15 daily fee. Again, only open when both a RSO is on duty, and only on Fridatys and weekends.

Finally, the last I knew, Hillside did not want people shooting out to 1,000 yards.

Brandan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    West Side
    Unless you are an NRA Range Safety Officer, Hillside's range is only open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and then only if a Range Safety Officer is on duty, which is not always the case.

It is a bit expensive: $250 per year, or $50 membership and $10 daily fee, or $15 daily fee. Again, only open when both a RSO is on duty, and only on Fridatys and weekends.

Finally, the last I knew, Hillside did not want people shooting out to 1,000 yards.

Nift, you sound like you have had bad experiences about Hillside. It seems it has what I need. Is it worth looking into?

Thanks everyone for the help. If anyone has any other recommendation, feel free to post! :rockwoot:

Brandan

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I go to Bass and Bucks a few times a year, especially in the warmer months. I've only been on weekdays. It works well for me.

I do want to try Hillside. I'm interested in reaching out to 1000. I'll be looking forward to a trip when the spring begins.

dennymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    La Grange, KY
    Long Range Shooting

Good evening.
    I am a member at the Southern Indiana Rifle & Pistol Club near Borden, Indiana. We have a 500 yard range with military style target carriers. We host a Long Range Centerfire Practice day on the first Saturday of each month, March through December.
    You have just missed the last one for this year, but it will begin again soon. You do not have to be a member to attend. We will be charging a small fee for the use of the range to help cover targets and pasters and other related items.
    Get your stuff together and come to the March secession.
    Take a look at the web site www.sirapc.com

A good time will be had by all. DennyMac

Top Bottom