• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I am also concerned that the exposure maybe somewhat exploitative against gun owners. Making us look like dumb rednecks or paranoid survivalists. Not that there is anything wrong with that to me. But, to a lot of people that are uneducated regarding guns, there is something wrong with that. quote]

"Somewhat", no, that is too soft. That's the demographic they are trying to sell to, they already think what you have written above, and it's entertaining to them. Kinda like reading political posts here about telling your Mom you have a "right" to carry when you live in her house, or wrestling with your kids while packing a sidearm. Yup, we know who they would interview here, just like when they talk to Dons Guns when the newsies need a gun statistic. Crazy-stupid sells, and as a group, we have some, just like every other group.

The respnsible gun owners are boring as hell, just like the responsible pilot, firefighers, police officers, and investment banker.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trailer was ehh...

Dosent look worth adding...maybe catch it on youtube...lol

Edit:

The respnsible gun owners are boring as hell, just like the responsible pilot, firefighers, police officers, and investment banker

Aint that the truth...

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I sure do hope that they don't feature "any crazed, eccentric, overly opinionated gun store owners with attitudes ;) and give us normal gun totin folks a bad image :rolleyes: on national TV

hillbilly-security-marketing.jpg

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Sort of like Americal Choppers?

I sure do hope that they don't feature "any crazed, eccentric, overly opinionated gun store owners with attitudes ;) and give us normal gun totin folks a bad image :rolleyes: on national TV

Americal Chopper, one of the most popular reality shows ever has a group of owners/employees that make that place a zoo, thus entertaining. This show will probably have a similar atmosphere with guns instead of motorcycles. The difference is the customers will probably add most of the flavor. :dunno:

Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central
    I may add showtime just to watch this. Most of the shows I enjoyed watching last season have ben canceled and my Tivo record list is looking pretty bare. T.V is horrible now days...

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    watched the trailer and i think its going to be pretty cool, but then i watched this part and i quote,
    "what do you want to pull your gun on someone for? If they are in my house i am going to pull my gun on them! what about calling the police? well thats a good i deal."

WHAT!!!!! NO its not, if they are in your house the police are not going to be there in time, they gave up there rights when they broke into my house, and i keep my rights close by at all times!

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    It was sort of boring, but it also wasn't preachy for either side. All new series take some time to find their legs. I'll check it out again.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Poor Safety

/Episode 3 airdate 11/04/09

Josh the gunslinger covers the girl behind counter with the customers loaded gun while he fumbles with clearing the gun. Eventually the owner of the gun drops the mag and disengages the safety for him.

He again explains that racking a pump shot gun is the universal 'get out' sound. In a previous episode he stated you just had to be close instead of aiming with a shotgun.

Guy is a MEATHEAD just like the stereotypical know everythng gun seller.

He probably sells alot of guns because most don't realize how goofy they look once Josh leads them down the reality tv path.

Not doing gun owners any favors, some minimal harm to the cause and really stupid people and GUNS.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I havent seen that episode yet, i'll have to check on demand. I know the other two just made him and others in the store look freakin stupid.

wizard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Chesterton
    Not all bad, showed a young dad concerned about how to protect his family being very careful to get informed and trying out guns rather than just buying one at random, The last episode showed a back round check preventing a woman from making to a purchase . I think both are positive signs but keeping in mind it's entertainment from a considerably liberal media.

Lilsoup

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I have seen 3 or 4 episodes so far, its not the most entertaining show on T.V. these days. There is a lot of different kind of people in there shop, A priest, A mertial artist, A husband with a preganate wife at home, A older lady shootind a .22 rifle, A younger girl looking for A new rifle, A mother getting turned down, becouse of her background check,and 3 lady cops shooting at the range in the basement, and a postal employee looking to buy an assult rifle. Like I said its not the most entertaining show out there, but it does show that, not just the rednecks of the world carry guns, that people from every walk of life are in gun shops around this country looking to arm themselves. IMO, it may not be a bad show for gun owners, but then again i didnt think Barack Obama would become president.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    "Somewhat", no, that is too soft. That's the demographic they are trying to sell to, they already think what you have written above, and it's entertaining to them. Kinda like reading political posts here about telling your Mom you have a "right" to carry when you live in her house, or wrestling with your kids while packing a sidearm. Yup, we know who they would interview here, just like when they talk to Dons Guns when the newsies need a gun statistic. Crazy-stupid sells, and as a group, we have some, just like every other group.
    was that on ingo? and if so, does anyone have a link to the thread. i would love to read those.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I've twice seen him point a handgun (unloaded, but still) at customers as they enter the store and say "freeze". Very careless. In the latest episode he encourages on college-age kid to taser a 2nd kid, then allows it to happen in the store while a crowd gathers. I understand he's trying to get a reality show going, but this is not the right way. Very irresponsible INHO. If I walked into shop and had the owner point a .45 at me, you can be sure I'm not going to be sticking around long. I also won't be spending any money there.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom